Saints Lil' Jordan (in the mix for 2020 season)? (1 Viewer)

ndcc

Saints' fan 4ever
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Sad to leave NOLA to AZ; going into ministry
It was my understanding that he had his head in his arse when it came down to knowing what his assignment was on the field.

We know that doesn't fly with CSP.

When he had the ball in his hands, he had good instincts. Do you think he gets deep into the playbook and makes a significant contribution in 2020?

:gosaints:

So 0 receptions, on 1 target, on 41 Offensive snaps.

He's going to need A LOT of work over the off-season, to come in and be competitive in Camp next year. I just don't really see it.. I think Emmanuel Butler has a better chance to make some sort of impact.

I don't see alot of trust in the passing game from Payton; most of his Offensive snaps were running plays. Where is assignment was simple.. Stalk block.

Just for the sake of it I went back and rewatched his lone target it was in the Cowboys game with Teddy at QB, it was a 6 route / Dig - in cut lined up on the outside against cornerback Chidobe Awuzie, zero separation. He gave away the route with his eyes too early, rounded off the cut too quickly.. and Awuzie got inside of him for an easy pass break up.. probably the easiest PBU of the season for Awuzie..

I hope not.
I'm sick of the Big/Slow WRs with zero playmaking ability that the defense will not respect.
We've had enough of that now for a couple of years. IT's time to switch things up, or we'll be singing the same WR song next year.

I hope not.
I'm sick of the Big/Slow WRs with zero playmaking ability that the defense will not respect.
We've had enough of that now for a couple of years. IT's time to switch things up, or we'll be singing the same WR song next year.
go back and watch some 2009, man colston, henderson, meachem, moore. add in shockey, dave thomas then reggie and pt23. no wonder they won the superbowl. then you look now and its screen pass to kamara thats likely for a loss. or a slant to thomas. thats about it.

go back and watch some 2009, man colston, henderson, meachem, moore. add in shockey, dave thomas then reggie and pt23. no wonder they won the superbowl. then you look now and its screen pass to kamara thats likely for a loss. or a slant to thomas. thats about it.

And yet we're still one of the best offenses in the NFL. Weird huh?

Naw, I don't think so....but I'm hoping my man Kirkwood is healthy and ready to be the WR I think he can be....

Deonte Harris needs a shot.

He's so short though.....

Drew's gotten really good at putting balls that are out of reach of defenders...which becomes difficult to do when the catch radius is that small. He's fast as all get out, and has good vision....but the only thing I can see him having success with is the deep ball or jet sweeps / end-arounds.....which we haven't been good at executing.

He possesses a lot of the same skill set as Cooks did, and we ended up letting him walk because our offense isn't set up for small fast receivers.

He's so short though.....

Drew's gotten really good at putting balls that are out of reach of defenders...which becomes difficult to do when the catch radius is that small. He's fast as all get out, and has good vision....but the only thing I can see him having success with is the deep ball or jet sweeps / end-arounds.....which we haven't been good at executing.

He possesses a lot of the same skill set as Cooks did, and we ended up letting him walk because our offense isn't set up for small fast receivers.

Doesn't matter if he's short as long as he can get open. The problem with a lot of folks is that we can get stuck on the physical attributes and we miss out on a real gamer.

Yes...we have went backwards.

Some will say it's a change in philosophy (which is true) but it has not helped us get to where we need to be.

During the past 3 years, we have been very fortunate to have a winning defense.

If the defense ever reverted back to pre-2017, then I doubt we would have won 10+ games.

I don't think so. LJH and Hogan fill the same role and Hogan took that role from LJH and Hogan went on to take Carr's role. LJH is probably on the outside looking in or on the practice squad again next season. It's going to take a lot for him to overcome that 4.75 40 time.

I hope not.

Exactly, give me a Cole Beasley, Danny amedola type guy please. Then all these young guys can have a time in training camp and the practice squad. This is getting real old, thinking a WR needs three years to develop. . .no, they need the desire to get open and catch passes.

Say what you want about speed... I'd take an Eric Martin type in a heartbeat! :scratch:

After clocking a pedestrian-type time -- for a wide receiver -- of 4.65 seconds in the 40-yard dash at a pre-draft workout in 1985, Eric Martin heard all the jokes about his speed. Or, the lack of it.

Of course, he constantly heard the one about having to be timed with a sun dial. And there weren't many sportscasters or sportswriters who could say or write Martin's name without inserting the word slow in front of it.

While it's true the former LSU and New Orleans Saints wide receiver lacked the blazing speed that make pro scouts drool, he more than made up for it with size and strength, precision route-running and soft hands.

It didn't hurt that the 6-foot-1, 210-pound Martin was fearless as well.

:gosaints:

He’ll get his shot at training camp along with TQS, Kirkwood, Hogan, Butler, draft picks, any signed FAs, and new UDFAs. Having seen what the guys already on the roster bring to the table (not much) my hope is with new players. I really hope the team signs a vet or three, drafts at least one, and brings in a bunch of UDFA WRs. This team desperately needs weapons besides CGM.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom