Line moved (1 Viewer)

This line should have been at 3 by last Monday with how much action LA was getting but Vegas was content to keep giving the hook to Rams backers all week. Rams are also getting a lot of ML action.

What’s that tell you?
Let me translate this for non bettors.

So much money had been bet on the Rams to win the game by last Monday, that the line should have moved then. Vegas chose not to change it for an entire extra five days. Why would Vegas do that?

They think the Saints will win easily, so they allowed people to keep betting on the Rams.

(This also secretly implies that we will benefit from calls from the refs, but don't tell anyone unless you want them to start yelling about tinfoil)

The view from my hotel room on Poydras..
(Sorry can't edit it down, on my phone)

Immediately after this graphic, the commentator said this isn't the same saints team and implied we would struggle.
20190120_102449.jpg

Immediately after this graphic, the commentator said this isn't the same saints team and implied we would struggle.
20190120_102449.jpg

I thought you got mad and threw your tv on the ground.... then i took a closer look.

Just to clarify a bit from my limited understanding.
The Saints favored by 3 does not mean it is a “pick em” game. Theoretically, it means that if these 2 teams were playing on a neutral field, then it would be a “pick em” game. But since we are playing in the Dome, Vegas thinks the Saints will win by 3. (Or at least Vegas thinks that after the betting influence.). As many have said, the line moves if more people are betting on one side than the other. Generally, if there have been no major unexpected changes, The line moves to encourage others to bet on the other side to even it out.

L
It moved because the Rams are getting slammed and overhyped.

This line should have been at 3 by last Monday with how much action LA was getting but Vegas was content to keep giving the hook to Rams backers all week. Rams are also getting a lot of ML action.

What’s that tell you?
I don’t know man....I hope your right, but SBR consensus is showing over 70% of the money on the Saints. That’s scary. Somebody tell me I’m reading this wrong.

Typical Saints fan - assuming it meant the Saints line moving! LOL

(It could have been the Lambs' line that moved - and often!)

Who Dat!
Actually, I was thinking of Zach Line, as in the post above. But you could read it both ways. :)

20190120_102449.jpg

Well, the "betting expert" on that show gave EXTENSIVE ANALYSIS on the Saints' final games: "Well, *for some reason*, the Saints didn't play very well the last few games."

Now, we are informed!

smh

(Yeah, because injuries played no factor at all, nor 3 straight Road Games, nor 2 TNF games in a row...)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom