Links to benefits during this crisis? (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
Anyone have links for programs? I've been blessed so far to still have a job (work IT) and my wife is a teacher so she is on paid leave, but my parents are not so lucky. My mom doesn't have a job and my dad's salary has just been literally cut in half by his employer. He'll bring in about $550 a week before insurance and taxes for 2 people. Luckily their house and vehicles are paid off, but I've learned they have recently accrued a good bit of CC debt the past few months. Anyway, what assistance can they apply for that I can help them with online? They don't have internet.

Sorry to hear about your parents financial situation. There are reports of a bail out to Americans coming, but it hasn't been finalized.

"Americans are very likely to get $1,000 (or more) checks. Here’s what you need to know.
Romney suggested sending every American such a sum to help amid the coronavirus outbreak. The plan received thumbs up from Trump and lawmakers and economists across the political spectrum."

If you take the city bus, to the city bus station in your area, you can probably ask people what financial support is available for people in need.

Outside of unemployment (wouldn't qualify for, my guess), not sure what benefits are out there. Needs to look at your state first.

Things were just voted on, so not sure they're rolled out yet.

But each State should roll out what's available as of now, but it's a quickly evolving situation.

You can look here, but I'm sure it's not fully up to date.

Update on how much money will be given. Does anyone think this will be the beginning of the Universal Basic Income, that some people have been mentioning?

"Topline: Congress and the Trump administration are racing to provide economic relief to everyday Americans affected by the coronavirus, and one leading proposal would mean cutting you a $1,200 check, and here’s how that would work:"

Update on how much money will be given. Does anyone think this will be the beginning of the Universal Basic Income, that some people have been mentioning?

"Topline: Congress and the Trump administration are racing to provide economic relief to everyday Americans affected by the coronavirus, and one leading proposal would mean cutting you a $1,200 check, and here’s how that would work:"

UBI will just be an increase in taxes... which will pay for UBI + more. I sure as heck hope not.

Maybe, but let's not have that chat here, ok?

Tried filing for unemployment.
What should I type in as "Security Answer:" when the "Security Question:" is just a blank space?

Tried filing for unemployment.
What should I type in as "Security Answer:" when the "Security Question:" is just a blank space?

Some sites let you put your own question.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom