Links, Tweets, etc only thread for CV-19 (2 Viewers)

This is getting weirder ...I'll bump this in the morning...

Last edited:

DC did a press conference and basically said they are not using the optimistic IHME model. IHME calls for a mid April peak. DC is using CHIME which calls for a July 1 peak. DC just ripped IHME in the press conference and the federal government’s use of it to suggest dates. IHME overestimates the effects of social distancing and states first impacted by Covid-19 are showing this. The Mayor just confirmed the April 27 reopening for schools and government functions is not going to happen. Agency budget cuts (furlough?) are coming. DC projects 90,000 total cases through the end of the year which is a 13% infection rate.

8B8C035D-739A-4CAB-8F70-1017B5BC52AE.png

I predict we will see articles and journals about how IHME’s use of China’s data and lack of transparency contributed to under-preparation.

I’ve been saying that July 1 is probably the earliest people in the DMV are returning to offices. At this point, I think August 1. By this I mean if you can telework, expect to do so until then.

CHIME (“Covid-19 Hospital Impact Model for Epidemics”), built by Penn’s Chivers and others in “predictive healthcare,” is a basic epidemiological tool of infectious disease spread called a SIR model.
CHIME (“Covid-19 Hospital Impact Model for Epidemics”), built by Penn’s Chivers and others in “predictive healthcare,” is a basic epidemiological tool of infectious disease spread called a SIR model.

Mayor of DC Slide Deck

1585946516940.png
1585946546951.png
1585946576031.png

Graph.png

No idea how thick a tea towel is, but how difficult would it be to breathe through 2 layers of them?
Tracked down some more info:

Two Dish towels are not very easy to breathe thru...performance/comfort was two layers of yt-shirts

Layman's Article :

Original Article (2013):

Last edited:
Thread

The viral load was undetectable after transfusion in seven patients who had previous viremia. No severe adverse effects were observed. This study showed CP therapy was well tolerated and could potentially improve the clinical outcomes through neutralizing viremia in severe COVID-19 cases. The optimal dose and time point, as well as the clinical benefit of CP therapy, needs further investigation in larger well-controlled trials.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom