Lions will trade Shaun Rogers within next week (1 Viewer)

You know to tell you the truth, im affraid of any high price moves for a DT when there is a chance that Dorsey or Ellis falls.

Just a little weary

That would make our D-Line that much better. Ellis and Dorsey are 3-techs; Rogers is a nose. Put them together and we'll have a front-4 that would be tops in the league.

If we could save any cap money off of it, I'd rather cut Thomas and start Lake in his place. Fill in the other spot through FA, trade, or the draft. I don't know if Thomas is ever going to be in the shape to where he'd be a "full-time starter" again.

You know to tell you the truth, im affraid of any high price moves for a DT when there is a chance that Dorsey or Ellis falls.

Just a little weary

The need of a DT in the draft is to really help this team 3-4 years from now. I'm not saying a DT wouldnt help this year or even next but to just throw in a young DT won't make things great this year. Adding a young DT + a current pro-bowl DT would be a great move.

You can't put a square peg into a round hole,... Jason David illustrated that folly.

Just because he is a DT and available it doesn't mean we should jump on it. The rigtht player at the right position can change the effectiveness of a defense dramatically.

BTW, can someone define what you mean by a 3- gapper,... how does one guy cover 1 1/2- 2 positions on the field?

---

Personally, I don't want to make any trade that costs us a pick higher than round 5. There is too much young defensive talent to give picks away.

Rodgers is at least worth a phone call and look. He's got immense physical talent. The problem is he's got a little bit of the "Grady Jackson Syndrome". He just gets by on his physical talent. But lots of Lions seem to suffer from lack of motivation. It'll be up to Payton and co. to determine whether a change of scenery will change him or not......

It matters what his price wouldbe but if he's in shape he could take blockers away from our ends and if we get Dorsey or Ellis somedow then we would have the best D-Line in the NFL. And if we are able to get Vilma and/or Thomas then Rogers will them as well.

Just a little weary

I see what you're saying....but let's look at it from a different perspective.

They say Roger's skill set is comparable to Ellis or Dorsey's. Roger's has gotten past his rookie year and is nearing his prime....we could get similar guys, one near his prime and for a 2nd or 3rd and the other with growing pains and for the #10 pick.

If we could get Rogers for a 3rd or maybe even 2nd, I'd say do it. Then we still have the #10 to pick an LB or CB.....or WR. :hihi:

Orgeron will get this guy motivated.

I see what you're saying....but let's look at it from a different perspective.

They say Roger's skill set is comparable to Ellis or Dorsey's. Roger's has gotten past his rookie year and is nearing his prime....we could get similar guys, one near his prime and for a 2nd or 3rd and the other with growing pains and for the #10 pick.

If we could get Rogers for a 3rd or maybe even 2nd, I'd say do it. Then we still have the #10 to pick an LB or CB.....or WR. :hihi:

Orgeron will get this guy motivated.

I don't worry about him as a player....but 5 million a year is a ton of money. He has 3 years left on his contract also, which probably means we'd be heading into the most expensive part of his deal (unless its not setup that way).

Trades don't happen alot in the NFL, so I'm not real up to snuff about how often players restructure once traded and what not.

Why has nobody pointed out that he may not be a "Payton-type player" yet? :shrug:

:hihi:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom