List of entire cap figures for 2013? (1 Viewer)

JMP

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
I've been searching for the list of our entire cap situation, but have been unable to find it.

Can anyone help, or point me in the right direction?

Good site. However it shows 2012 cap hits but it does show 2013 salaries soit can be figured out.

Those figures don't include pro-rated bonus money that figures into the cap, nor does it include "dead" money that counts for this year's cap but was paid to players now on other teams. Edit: I see the dead money now at the bottom of the list. It doesn't amount to much right now, but it will when certain players are released.

And keep in mind that a free agent does not count for this year's salary cap. Some have wondered how much cap money the Saints will save once Ellis and Henderson are gone. The answer is nothing.

Alright...I see that you can look at the top ten cap hits at least on this site. However, they include Payton's salary in the cap hits. Coaches' salaries do not figure into the cap. Basically, the cap savings for each player, if cut, would be their 2013 salary.

Harper, Vilma and Smith count at least 19 million against next seasons cap and are all under contract so it could be expensive to shed them.
Vilma and Smith won't fit the 3-4 but is it possible we have to keep them and just restructure their deals? Barring a trade it also seems likely that we're stuck with Harper.

Kiffin will run the 4-3 in Dallas, could some sort of Smith-Spencer trade be possible?

Harper, Vilma and Smith count at least 19 million against next seasons cap and are all under contract so it could be expensive to shed them.
Vilma and Smith won't fit the 3-4 but is it possible we have to keep them and just restructure their deals? Barring a trade it also seems likely that we're stuck with Harper.

Kiffin will run the 4-3 in Dallas, could some sort of Smith-Spencer trade be possible?

Just in the 2013 salary's and roster bonus's they will count for 21.25m

Vilma- 4.8m salary and 1.1 roster bonus
Harper- 5.25m Salary 100k workout bonus
Smith- 9m Salary 1m roster bonus.

Vilma is going into the last year of his deal so a simple re-structure won't work. Smith has 2 years left so could be restucture again but since they did that last year doing it again won't save that much. Harper has 2 years left and I don't believe he has ever resturctured so that cold be an option if they want to keep him around for next season.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom