List top ten (10) things you'd like to see happen for Saints between now and NFL opening weekend (1 Viewer)

Is hoping Roger Goodell gets caught with an underage transvestite prostitute helpful to the Saints or would that just make me feel better?

1. Re-Sign Ingram to a reasonable deal
2. Hold on to staff
3. Fix Peat's contract (hopefully re-sign to a much lower price)
4. Re-Sign Lutz
5. Sign a TE
6. Re-Sign Bridgewater
7. Re-Sign Okafor
8. Sign a backup Tackle
9. Re-Sign PJ
10. Draft BPA
Also like to see them bring in DT, S and WR competition. Just low price contracts to compete in training camp. That could include a vet min on Dez if he's healthy. Also sign Crawley to a min deal.

1. Mark Ingram returns

2. WR/TE in FA

3. DT in FA (2)

4. Roger Goodell resigns

1. Replacement for Armstead
2. Replacement for Peat
3. Invest in D Pass Rush
4. Solid WR2
5. Develop Arnold
6. Keep coaching staff
7. Keep Bridgewater

Shhhhh, roger's here handing out dead falcons.

Keep them boys away from the drugs and alcohol :D

Drugs yes. Alcohol??? You and me have both made a lot of money (you more than me), entertaining sober folks and folks enjoying adult beverages. Now I don't know about you, but I've always noticed the ones "partaking" are usually having a little more fun. So I'm all about our boys enjoying their offseason and having a little drink drink. It's just that I would like for them to be smart enough to call a friend, uber, a taxi, or the NFL's free ride home program.

And if they have/need to puff puff... have a friend deliver or something... I don't know.

1. keep the coaching crew together (if possible)
2. re-sign Ingram
3. re-sign Lutz
4. re-sign Okafor
5. Find a move TE (draft, FA, Taysom Hill's long lost 6' 7" twin brother)
6. Find an OT (draft, FA, Taysom Hill's long lost 6' 7" 315 lb. twin brother)
7. Get PJ's upcoming suspension thrown out. (and P-Rob back and good-to-go)
8. Get Onyemata's upcoming suspension thrown out.
9. Have Rankins live in an ice tub or cryogenic chamber and miraculously be available week one. (yeah, I know)
10. Have every player watch the last 30 minutes of the NFCCG 1000's times between now and week one.

10a. Actually be READY to win football games offensively and defensively before week 2.

1. Sign Michael Thomas to a long term deal. ( likely highest paid receiver his numbers back it up)
2. Reinforce the offensive line through free agency and the draft. Armstead needs to be evaluated. Is there a tackle we can bring in besides Bushrod who is aging?
3. Re-sign Ingram. Great value unless he asks for $6M a year.
4. Re-sign Lutz
5. Let go of TLL and Okafor. TLL is not good. Okafor has not returned to form, which is unfortunate.
6. Protect the future, we’ll need to sign Lattimore, Kamara, Ramczyk, likely Anzalone, likely Williams all in the same year. So there’s no need to make blockbuster moves in free agency, or moves like bringing in Coleman who underperformed. And it means cutting some guys like Coleman to relieve cap space.
7. Know where Brees stands. Is he going to retire after next season?
8. Develop Taysom Hill. I really like Bridgewater, and I was a big fan of him staying on when we first traded for him. But I can’t see it now. Maybe it’s because he almost got Michael Thomas killed in the panthers games with the high throws. I also don’t know if Taysom Hill has the discipline to be an NFL quarterback. But he has the fire. and the arm strength. And of course he adds another dimension of running the ball.

9. Sign Payton to a long term deal. He will need a QB who he can believe in, otherwise I don’t think he wants to coach. What a special era Brees and Payton. Completely changed what it meant to be a saints fan.

EDIT: 10 sign a TE and draft one.

Last edited:
1. Sign Michael Thomas to a long term deal. ( likely highest paid receiver his numbers back it up)
2. Reinforce the offensive line through free agency and the draft. Armstead needs to be evaluated. Is there a tackle we can bring in besides Bushrod who is aging?
3. Re-sign Ingram. Great value unless he asks for $6M a year.
4. Re-sign Lutz
5. Let go of TLL and Okafor. TLL is not good. Okafor has not returned to form, which is unfortunate.
6. Protect the future, we’ll need to sign Lattimore, Kamara, Ramczyk, likely Anzalone, likely Williams all in the same year. So there’s no need to make blockbuster moves in free agency, or moves like bringing in Coleman who underperformed. And it means cutting some guys like Coleman to relieve cap space.
7. Know where Brees stands. Is he going to retire after next season?
8. Develop Taysom Hill. I really like Bridgewater, and I was a big fan of him staying on when we first traded for him. But I can’t see it now. Maybe it’s because he almost got Michael Thomas killed in the panthers games with the high throws. I also don’t know if Taysom Hill has the discipline to be an NFL quarterback. But he has the fire. and the arm strength. And of course he adds another dimension of running the ball.

9. Sign Payton to a long term deal. He will need a QB who he can believe in, otherwise I don’t think he wants to coach. What a special era Brees and Payton. Completely changed what it meant to be a saints fan.

EDIT: 10 sign a TE and draft one.

You made some good points, St. Mike.

The best contribution Coleman made was on the sidelines and in the locker room (veteran experience).

On the field, he was a liability, IMO!

:gosaints:

It's like you Google big NFL names in 2019 and you put them down as Free Agent pick up. None of these moves make any sense.

We need a DT, badly. We can't overpay for oline starter to be our 6th man. No offense, but Jared Cook is washed up.

Also, Okafor hasn't opted out.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom