Listening to an album on "shuffle" (1 Viewer)

Listening to an album

• Should be in proper sequence

Votes: 23 76.7%
  • I don't mind shuffle

Votes: 3 10.0%
  • I don't listen to full albums

Votes: 1 3.3%
  • Tacoes

Votes: 3 10.0%

• Total voters
I'd lose my mind if I had to listen to Abbey Road on shuffle. Can not do it.

I hate shuffle. Even when I make a Playlist with lots of different bands, it still has a sequence to it.

I use shuffle often, but for certain artists or particular albums, never. Any Pink Floyd or Yes album falls in the never category for shuffle in my book. However, I only use shuffle when I'm listening to mix of records (it's like radio without the lousy songs and annoying DJ/commercials). But if I'm going to listen to one recording, I'm not going to use shuffle on it, no matter who it is.

I do have some YES songs on a shuffle list on itunes, but they came off of compilation albums instead of the original title (so All Good People, Close to the Edge, Long Distance Runaround/The Fish, etc., etc., et al won't get split up like they would be on the regular CD version). I don't have any Pink Floyd on shuffle, it's just annoying. I don't even like hearing Pink Floyd on the radio because I know the ending will be botched (since there really isn't one).

And, of course, any orchestral music is a definite no because shuffle will play the movements out of order, and that is extremely annoying.

I pretty much do albums straight through and personal playlists on shuffle.

Great new (new for me 0.o) feature on Spotify is a lyrics function. You can listen to your faves and see if you actually got the words right. I occasionally am surprised with what I thought the singer was actually saying. Good example, for the longest time I thought "Wake me up before you go go" was "Wake me up, the party's over." :covri:

Albums are generally sequenced in an order for a reason and are meant to be played in that sequence. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

I rarely use shuffle unless traveling with some folks and providing the music off the Soundlink as background music to put some different genres out there while we are hanging out.

Indeed!

Boston: Foreplay/Longtime
APP: Sirius/Eye in the Sky
Wilco: Red Eyed & Blue/I Got You (at the End of the Century)
Pixies: Palace of the Brine/Letter to Memphis
Queen: Rock You/Champions

Many, many more . . .

Nickelback: The Long Road

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom