Listening to game on iphone?? (1 Viewer)

Saints#34

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
I am going out of town tomorrow and will be driving back on Sunday. Will probably be on the road for the Saints game, and while I may be in time to pick up the second half on 870am on the drive, I will most likely not be able to tune in for the first half.

I have an iPhone and I was wondering if there was some way to listen to the game. I have tried getting one of the many radio station players. They work fine for pregame but when the game starts they switch over to other programming, even though on the actual radio they play the game. I know this has to do with NFL radio etc...

Anyway, is there a way to get this game on my iphone short of paying 40 bucks of Sirius or XM? I tried signing up for a 7 day trial for Sirius online for the iphone but the trial does not include the channel that the saints play on.

Any help greatly appreciated..

Sirius on iPhone or online do not carry live games. The NFL does not allow them to be broadcast in that manner. Same reason you cannot listen to the game streamed from WWL's website, but you can listen to the pre and post game broadcasts.

I don't have a solution, but just wanted to let you know that paying for Sirius/XM would not have changed anything.

WWL isn't allowed to stream the game. You'll get a replay of Garland's show or Spud during the game.

The only way I believe then is to have Sirius in your car, and not the iphone.

Ugh, so absurd. How is it possible that in this day and age the NFL has no way to listen to their games on an iphone...crazy

i can watch the games on the iphone. But i have the superfan package. I watched the Buffalo game on my phone this weekend and it was very clear running on 3G.

Ugh, so absurd. How is it possible that in this day and age the NFL has no way to listen to their games on an iphone...crazy

I believe the answer you seek is that the NFL has a deal with Sprint to stream games(radio broadcasts) on Sprint phones, kinda how I think Nascar also has a deal with Sprint.

Link of Press Release about it

You can pay 5 bucks for a weekly pass for NFL field pass. I'm sure that would work on your iPhone.

www.nfl.com/fieldpass

But if it were me I would just stop at a bar somewhere along the way to watch it and just be 3 hours later getting home.

Edit: Upon further review, it doesn't look like iPhone has an app for field pass. I consider this pretty amazing considering you can WATCH games on your iPhone with NFL Sunday Ticket.

Last edited:
Option 1:Get a buddy to put on 870AM and lay his/her phone next to it for you. With unlimited weekend minutes the norm, this is what I would do. Get a wireless bluetooth headset or an fm transmitter.

Option 2: ask a technically inclined friend to make a stream for you. windows media player/center can handle this. you'll want a low bitrate audio stream and not a video stream. .mp4 conversion may be needed. complicated but possible. (a windows mobile phone would handle this better. damn iPhone and its limitations.)

If you have flash player or the skyfire browser for your phone you can use atdhe.net to watch the game.

I don't know about the Iphone but it works on my Samsung Blackjack ii.

And 870AM legally cannot stream the game. So as soon as the game begins, WWL puts on a replay of one of the their weekday shows, like Garland Robinettt or the Spud show.

Yea sorry, 870 doesnt have the games just everything else on flycast.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom