Listening to Payton's Postgame (1 Viewer)

I was wondering that, but I'm thinking we were specifically throwing him in the fire to see how he responded.

Considering Harris was about 75% of the passes completed in those 1st two drives, it's at least a little heartening to know he's not actually going to start.

When we blitzed on the 3rd series, we got pressure several times. Also further into the 2nd quarter.

For better or worse (at least until Rankins comes back), that's who we'll be when it comes to pressure. I'd guess 30-35% blitz ratio.

I believe if this was a regular season game, Breaux covers Brown the whole game.

Failing to gain an inch on 4th and short indicates otherwise.

That was the 3rd string OL at that point.

Wasn't it Hightower who took the handoff?

When it comes to short yardage, I'm gonna bash on Payton a little here. We need to scrap the stupid 3 TE jumbo set that we keep running. It's got a ridiculously high failure rate considering what it's supposed to accomplish.

We should be spreading teams out on 4th and inches (or 3rd and inches). That's what we do best. Keep the pass an option.

all meltdowns aside, we're 14-18 over the last two seasons without much improvement on the field. we look handicapped out there. like other teams understand something we don't. i stopped defending sean last season. i think the message has been lost on this team. would love to see the switch come on but unfortunately football doesn't seem to work like that. we've put up good offensive numbers in the last couple seasons but lets be honest it hasn't happened when it really matters. lotta garbage time yards/TDs. this team looks lost in all phases.

I don't think he said we did a good job run blocking. He just called out pass protection as his biggest concern. And, I completely agree with that assessment and prioritization.

Some of you make me throw up....and you call yourself fans. In reality many show themselves to be true fair weather fans that must have everything perfect or the sky is falling. Do I want a winner...as much as any breathing human.....do I see any problems.....as much as any other football minded person.....do I think the team has made wrong signings and bad decisions.....as much as any arm chair GM.....but will I get on a public forum of my beloved team and before the "real" season even starts, begin to degrade, insult, and be down right nasty like a two year old brat...... NEVER. WHO DAT FOR LIFE.....

Well that was a back handed endorsement of the team. :hihi:

Dude you were sick before this post

Some of you make me throw up....and you call yourself fans. In reality many show themselves to be true fair weather fans that must have everything perfect or the sky is falling. Do I want a winner...as much as any breathing human.....do I see any problems.....as much as any other football minded person.....do I think the team has made wrong signings and bad decisions.....as much as any arm chair GM.....but will I get on a public forum of my beloved team and before the "real" season even starts, begin to degrade, insult, and be down right nasty like a two year old brat...... NEVER. WHO DAT FOR LIFE.....

When you suffer over 45yrs save the Superbowl year with the incompetence this team has shown get back with me. I've seen this show too many times before with the Saints.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom