Listening to WWL this morning... (1 Viewer)

Mike D. Was saying that he believes the Saints will run a 2 quarterback system with Drew out. It makes a lot of sense.

Thoughts?
Didn’t Landry try to attempt that with the Cowboys in the 70s?

I think they will weave T Hill in at QB in addition to his TE, flanker, WR, guard, gunner, and punter duties.

Has it been done in the NFL before? I’m not saying it won’t happen and after yesterday it seems like a good option but I just don’t know

The Way I saw it and explained it to some others yesterday, our install wasnt scripted for TH yesterday. It was scripted for a competent pocket passer. Unfortunately the only one we had was playing from the sideline. If we can gameplan for taysom next week we will see a different offense. Guaranteed

Basically we were already running a two QB system. Did they mean that Payton will increase the snaps Hill gets because Hill already has a package?

I don’t know. Then neither qb gets a rhythm. I say start Hill and keep him in. Let Teddy sit.

The Way I saw it and explained it to some others yesterday, our install wasnt scripted for TH yesterday. It was scripted for a competent pocket passer. Unfortunately the only one we had was playing from the sideline. If we can gameplan for taysom next week we will see a different offense. Guaranteed

Yes, that goes for Teddy as well. I’m not saying by any means Teddy is the answer. But, with a week of first team reps and a gameplan built for him, he absolutely would be more effective.

A 2 QB system in the NFL does not make sense. I would expect Teddy remains the QB with some plays for Hill.

I would expect it being about 2-1 plays TB vs TH. Maybe I'm wrong. I could see it making sense.

Last time was Hostetler and Simms if I’m remembering correctly.

Not sure the Billy Joe fiasco really counts.

I sure the heck hope so. If it's all Bridgewater....it won't be pretty imo.

I doubt we run a "2 QB system" but I do see Taysom getting more snaps in the zone read. If that's what Mike D meant, then yeah I agree, but we'll need to bring another TE up though.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom