Lito and Chad Johnson (1 Viewer)

hyr006

Rookie
Reaction score
I say trade back with the Eagles for Lito and give up our first for Chad Johnson. Not too realistic because the Eagles will probably try to trade for Chad knowing they still have Lito to offer in another trade for an offensive lineman.

It was a nice thought. For those of you who don't think a pro bowl receiver is worthy of the number ten pick, ask yourselves how many first round picks at WR have ever even made the probowl once let alone multiple times. Though I think we need to address defense (corner back) I think our offense was overrated last year especially when considering how much we threw the ball and how often we were playing from behind.

Chad Johnson, Lito Sheppard, and Jeremy Shockey (trade #40) would be a dream...

Or even Chad, Lito and Trevor Laws.

But then again, how are we going to pay Chad, Will Smith, Colston, Evans, Lito, etc...

Ahh the week before the draft: when reality takes a back seat and every whim becomes a possibility. . . .

PS: the smart dudes on Sirius NFL mentioned how Cincy is going to want two 1st's and that he has a fat cap hit. Good luck.

Chad Johnson, Lito Sheppard, and Jeremy Shockey (trade #40) would be a dream...

Or even Chad, Lito and Trevor Laws.

But then again, how are we going to pay Chad, Will Smith, Colston, Evans, Lito, etc...

If that happen everyone will be crowining us Super Bowl champs like they did New England last year

It was a nice thought. For those of you who don't think a pro bowl receiver is worthy of the number ten pick, ask yourselves how many first round picks at WR have ever even made the probowl once let alone multiple times. .

I would say plenty of them

I'd give the Eagles a 3rd round pick + OT Stinchcomb for Lito. Trading down w/o losing picks would be even better.

Chad Johnson is 30 and relies on his speed a lot. He will probably only have 3 more seasons at a truly elite level and that's assuming he doesn't pick up an injury. If we didn't want to roll the dice on Randy Moss for a 4th we shouldn't want Johnson. I don't think throwing 70% of plays is going to do anything for us in terms of being a contender. The Colts only became championship material when their defense stepped up. Peyton Manning is the only quarterback to win the superbowl throwing more interceptions than touchdowns in the post season. The defense and kicker were more responsible for Indianpolis' superbowl win than Manning and the offense

Ahh the week before the draft: when reality takes a back seat and every whim becomes a possibility. . . .

PS: the smart dudes on Sirius NFL mentioned how Cincy is going to want two 1st's and that he has a fat cap hit. Good luck.

There is a difference between what Cincy might want for Chad Johnson and what they are going to get. There are very few players that are even worth a 1st round pick, let along two first round picks. The market for picks vs. a player is always higher then what will really happen in reality. Correct me if I am wrong, but when McKenzie wanted out of Green Bay they initially wanted a first round pick for him. The seahawks couldn't ask for more then a 2nd round pick for Shawn Alexander and this was while he was still good. I don't see any team giving up a 1st round pick for Chad Johnson. Now, one possible scenerio that I could see happening is trading a conditional pick next year. Something like maybe a conditional 2nd next year and if Johnson hits certain bench marks(pro bowl, etc) it would escalate to a 1st. But no way they get two 1st for Johnson.

This should be made a sticky:

Chad Johnson can not be traded until June. The cap hit before then is 8 million dollars. The Bengals will not deal him, if they deal him at all, until then. The Bengals beat writer was on the radio the other day and confirmed this is the case. Therefore any scenerio that has us trading this years picks for him is not going to happen since the draft is in April.

This should be made a sticky:

Chad Johnson can not be traded until June. The cap hit before then is 8 million dollars. The Bengals will not deal him, if they deal him at all, until then. The Bengals beat writer was on the radio the other day and confirmed this is the case. Therefore any scenerio that has us trading this years picks for him is not going to happen since the draft is in April.

I'm guessing that the new June 1st rule does not apply to trades?

I'm guessing that the new June 1st rule does not apply to trades?

I don't know. They actually said an exact date in June, but I don't remember what it was. If they trade him now its 8 million. If they wait 2 months, they can spread the cap hit out so it doesn't screw them up.

I don't believe Lito has much left in the tank. You don't just shop around a veteran CB unless he has issues. The Eagles have a good supporting defense that makes him play better than he would play here.

CJ is poisonous, period. I would never reward such outrageous behavior as he and Shockey have displayed. They both deserve the Arena League at best.

Talent wise Chad is worth a high first rounder, however mouth wise he should be traded for a high to mid 2nd rounder. I'm huge on drafting defense in the first 3 rounds, but getting Lito + Chad Johnson and keeping our 2nd rounder would actually be a pretty sweet deal. For our #10 you would be getting a borderline all pro corner, and a top 3 WR in the NFL. Then you stil have a high enough pick to get another contributor on defense. That would be huge !!!!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom