Lito Out The Door? [M E R G E D] (1 Viewer)

They traded Vilma to us for peanuts :shrug:

This is one of those low risk, high upside trades.

If he pans out, we give up a high 2009 pick and, if he doesn't, it's a low pick.

If he does come back healthy, he'll be well worth it. If he doesn't, we don't take the hit on the low round pick until next year.

WIN. Win.

We could do a conditional trade for LITO as well.

Yeah, I was just going to post that...

I would like a swap of 1st rounders with Philly and that we get Sheppard. There will be a decent player at #19...

And with getting Vilma, maybe signing Briggs, and in this deal we get Sheppard...we wouldn't need to go D in round 1...unless if Balmer fell that much.

Agreed, Dorsey and Ellis will be gone by #10. IF we could swap spots with Philly and pick up Lito it would be like drafting a CB in the first rd, the guy is still in his prime. At #19 we take the best DT, TE, S, or WR on the bd. Early in the 2d/3d rd's we still have these options as potential picks to strengthen the team. Via FA, we sign Briggs and Gay. Lets get to training camp!

Sheppard is a better player than Samuel. It really makes you wonder what the Eagles know about the long term health of Lito, something just doesn't add up.

Sheppard could be held onto for a draft day trade, so don't get your hopes up about getting him right away.

I also wouldn't give up anything more then a 2nd rounder for him if totally healthy. Thats actually probably fair value. We gave a up a second for MM, and he didn't have the injury concerns. Lito is a good CB, but you don't give up a first for a guy who is playing around 10 games a season the last 3-4 years. It makes no sense why the Eagles would trade this guy. His contract is dirt cheap for a CB and he still hs 4 years left on it. Something is up here. We have to be smart, and throwing a 1st or 2nd rounder at a guy who could have serious injury problems just because it sounds good may not be the right thing to do.

I would go all out to add Lito and Briggs our offense is Super Bowl ready we need D and we need it now!! Then we trade up to get Dorsey.

I could go with a new D that has Vilma, Briggs, Lito and Dorsey, its impact players that make a D not a bunch of so-so guys. I rather have these 4 and break the bank than get 8 players not as good for the same money.

I would go all out to add Lito and Briggs our offense is Super Bowl ready we need D and we need it now!! Then we trade up to get Dorsey.

I could go with a new D that has Vilma, Briggs, Lito and Dorsey, its impact players that make a D not a bunch of so-so guys. I rather have these 4 and break the bank than get 8 players not as good for the same money.

But by getting Lito, trading up for Dorsey, possible Shockey situation, and the still uncertainty if we owe the Jets anything this draft, that will seriously deplete the top portion of our draft. I know we seem to waste draft picks anyway, but I just dont see doing that with all those picks. I think its because we are so used to wasted draft picks that we'd rather them just trade them for proven players. We shouldnt have to and should expect better from who they decide to draft. Until that happens we wont ever be elite.

trade for lito and trade up for Glen Dorsey, I would be happy

Dorsey will probably top 5 even with the injury concerns after his pro day.

The only DTs we'll have a shot at will be Balmer, Laws, and Okam.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom