Lito Out The Door? [M E R G E D] (1 Viewer)

DownWithDisease

Very Banned
Reaction score
POSTED 8:59 p.m. EST, February 29, 2008

LITO OUT THE DOOR?

With cornerback Asante Samuel in the fold, the Eagles are now going to attempt to trade cornerback Lito Sheppard, according to Adam Schefter of NFL Network.

Calls are already coming in for Sheppard, a first-round draft pick in 2002 who is still only 26 years old.

In recent weeks, there were rumors that that Sheppard was on he block, and the team strongly denied it. In hindsight, it's likely that the Eagles didn't want to tip their hand regarding their plans to pursue Samuel.

Sheppard is under contract for four more seasons, with base salaries of $2 million in 2008, $3 million in 2009, $3.7 million in 2010, and $4.25 million in 2011.

Please, please, please, please, please Mickey... Call the Eagles and make this happen!

Man, those are some cap-friendly salary figures.

wow that would be awsome to get sheppard i think that we could get him for a 3rd round pick

I'd give them our 2nd rounder this year RIGHT NOW!

Lito is signed for 4 more years, and he's an extremely good man CB. We'd never do better than him in the 2nd round this year, and Lito could come in and start from day 1!

Offer them a

2nd

Swap 1st rounders

We need an NFL starting CB.

Sheppard > Samuel.

If we get Lito, he could possibly be a bigger steal than Vilma.

I bet the Eagles try to ship him to an AFC team. Or put another way...an AFC team, with all things equal, would have the edge. We already sent the Eagles packing in the playoffs once, I'm sure they don't want to do us any favors.

Is Lito injury prone, or a cancer or something? Why would the Eagles be done with him and be looking to trade him with those good contract numbers and his skill set?

hmmmm.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom