Liuzzas on Bienville up for sale (1 Viewer)

Never ate at any of the Liuzza's (apparently they may not be connected to one another) but the schooners of beer at the one by the track were quite tasty.

Sadly, I saw that Casablanca in Metairie shut down recently. I'm not Jewish, but their food was always good. Fresh cut fries were wonderful.

Food was hit and miss for sure
It just had the feel of a neighborhood New Orleans corner dive
Those places seem to be fading away

Oh no doubt. There are/were things I like there, but it was on its way downhill. That frenchuletta is good, though.

There is much better food close by at Katie's or Mandina's.

Indeed, the last time i ate at Liuzza’s was becuase we couldnt get a table at Katie’s.. BTW can we all agree that Mandina’s might be a tad bit overrated? Katie’s is en pointe though .. that was for @guidomerkinsrules .. And how come Venezia always seems to get left out of these discussions? I feel like it has maybe the best old school vibe out of any of the Italian places in MidCity, or the City in general.

Indeed, the last time i ate at Liuzza’s was becuase we couldnt get a table at Katie’s.. BTW can we all agree that Mandina’s might be a tad bit overrated? Katie’s is en pointe though .. that was for @guidomerkinsrules .. And how come Venezia always seems to get left out of these discussions? I feel like it has maybe the best old school vibe out of any of the Italian places in MidCity, or the City in general.

I agree Mandina's isn't really incredible and it lost some of its charm after the remodel. The food was always solid to good, but I think the feel of the place made it seem better. It's good, but I do think Katie's has much better food.

Liuzza’s was always fine by me - shrimp po-boy, onion rings, cold draft beer in a fishbowl glass.

Liuzza'T by the track, the garlic oyster po-boy, or salad, was excellent, but it's been awhile.

I ate at Liuzza's on Bienville about 4 years ago, and I thought it was good. I had the fried eggplant poboy. It's disappointing to hear it's gone downhill.

I ate at Liuzza's on Bienville about 4 years ago, and I thought it was good. I had the fried eggplant poboy. It's disappointing to hear it's gone downhill.

Their fried food is still pretty good. Their entrees have declined a bit.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom