Live chat with Mike Triplett at 1:00pm (1 Viewer)

I'm not too impressed with this guy. Someone on sr.com might as well start a thread and offer to answer questions like this.

Dang..I can't get any of my questions answered.

Dang..I can't get any of my questions answered.

Ha, I can't either. I've asked a few times if he could update us on Mike McKenzie's rehab and if he though he would start the season on the PUP list. No answer yet.

Yeah, they completely ignored my question as well...

Mine was..."Are we interested in Lito of the Eagles, and are we done with trying to get Shockey?"

Triplett appears to be absolutely clueless. I think a spouse of a casual Saints fan could answer these questions better. Everything is generic and he offers no insight whatsoever.

I asked him if this is, in fact, the last year of Payton's deal, but he did not answer. I then googled for an answer, but found nothing. Anyone know?

I asked him if this is, in fact, the last year of Payton's deal, but he did not answer. I then googled for an answer, but found nothing. Anyone know?

If I remember right, Sean Payton is going into the third year of his 4 year, $8 million deal.

12:03 [Comment From Jackavelli]
what is the status on new contracts for Colston, Smith, Evans, and Vilma? Do you see any of those guys not being Saints in 2009?

12:03 timespicayune -
MIKE TRIPLETT: I think the Saints will get something done with Smith this offseason, but it might drag out into the summer. They need to pay him more than they paid Charles Grant, but they have a decent amount of money in the bank. Every in the NFL does these days. … They’ll probably work out something with Colston, too, but that’s not as urgent since he’s a restricted free agent. Evans will be back one way or another. I don’t think they’ll work out a long-term extension with Vilma before this season, but I think he’s gonna be outstanding. Like Drew Brees was a couple years ago. And I think they’ll want to re-sign him next year and he’ll want to stay.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom