Live chat with Mike Triplett at 1:00pm (1 Viewer)

We should change the title because he's gonna be answering questions from noon to 1 p.m.

How could he not mention DRC or McKelvin as draft possibilities for Saints?

my question:

Do you know anything about Saints football at all? i've read your write-up's and they are horrible..You didn't even know that we signed Vilma, you have mentioned nothing about the possibility of Drafting DRC or any other corner!!

Here's the first question and answer:

Comment From Derek,New Orleans]
Thanks for taking time for the Saints fans Mike! Do you see Deuce on the Saints team this year? Also, do you think its possible for the Saints to trade up and take Glenn Dorsey or Sedrick Ellis?

12:02 timespicayune -
MIKE TRIPLETT: Hey Derek, two good questions right off the bat. … I think Deuce will rework his contract a little bit and come to training camp. But he needs to prove he’s healthy in July and August to make the team. The Saints aren’t in a hurry to get rid of him. They love him and are pretty loyal to him. But his knees will ultimately make this decision for them.

As for trading up in the draft, the Saints have proven in the past that they’re willing to move up or down, so I wouldn’t rule it out. It might be hard to get Dorsey, even if they’re willing to give up a No. 1 and a 2. Ellis is more realistic. A lot of people think the Patriots will want to move down at No. 7, and he should still be there.

Personally, I’m no expert, but I haven’t been too impressed by Ellis at the Senior Bowl and combine so far.

Here's the first question and answer:

Comment From Derek,New Orleans]
Personally, I’m no expert, but I haven’t been too impressed by Ellis at the Senior Bowl and combine so far.

really?!?

Not impressed by Ellis at the Senior Bowl? If I recall, he was one of the standouts of practices and the NFL Network guys could not stop raving over him then.

Love Triplett's omment about Vilma, although it does seem like Saints beat writers are always overly optimistic:

"I don’t think they’ll work out a long-term extension with Vilma before this season, but I think he’s gonna be outstanding. Like Drew Brees was a couple years ago. And I think they’ll want to re-sign him next year and he’ll want to stay."

Also interesting that the Saints targeted Gay from the very start of free agency.

Also interesting that the Saints targeted Gay from the very start of free agency.

Who knows? These guys are wanna-bes. Notice Triplett's comment about the fact that the Patriots trusted him so we should. Uh, the Colts were SuperBowl Champions and trusted David as well...

I asked about the Lito trade,

MIKE TRIPLETT: Hey Jeff, I absolutely wouldn’t rule that out. Remember those draft day trades that brought Jeff Faine and Hollis Thomas to town two years ago? Maybe they trade down with Philly at 19 in the first round to get Sheppard … unless of course they trade up to get Ellis.

the pole forgot the correct answer. The Front Office's idea of BPA at 10th pick.

KL - looks like the saints primary need in the draft is still at cb, so that probably means jenkins, cromartie, mckelvin, or talib in the 1st. but who are the top dt prospects for the 2nd round? we need a run stuffer who commands double teams to free up vilma, our other lb's, and our de's. who best fits that bill in the 2nd?<o:p></o:p>
MIKE TRIPLETT: One name that stands out to me is Purdue TE Dustin Keller. The Saints have a few tie-ins with Purdue, and that&#8217;s a position Payton has been trying to fill since he got here.

What does Te have to do with that question

KL - looks like the saints primary need in the draft is still at cb, so that probably means jenkins, cromartie, mckelvin, or talib in the 1st. but who are the top dt prospects for the 2nd round? we need a run stuffer who commands double teams to free up vilma, our other lb's, and our de's. who best fits that bill in the 2nd?<o:p></o:p>
MIKE TRIPLETT: One name that stands out to me is Purdue TE Dustin Keller. The Saints have a few tie-ins with Purdue, and that’s a position Payton has been trying to fill since he got here.

What does Te have to do with that question

He thinks we'll take a Keller over a DT in the second.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom