Living Off of Drew Brees (1 Viewer)

SaintsMan209

SB This year!
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I firmly believe that if it wasn't for Drew Brees our Saints would still be known as the loveable losers. It wasn't Payton's playcalling or leadership because we now see what's happening to the team without Payton. They have nothing left to give. Payton built this organization around his personality which was its downfall. Drew Brees was trying to win Super Bowls.

A great quarterback can make an organization, and Brees did that for the Saints, but let's not kid ourselves and discount the monumental impact Payton had on the Saints. Payton was gold for our franchise.

A great quarterback can make an organization, and Brees did that for the Saints, but let's not kid ourselves and discount the monumental impact Payton had on the Saints. Payton was gold for our franchise.
What did Drew Brees do in 2012 without CSP?
What did CSP do in 2021 without Drew Brees?
Neither did great without the other, but I think CSP has fared a little better without Drew than Drew without CSP.
I think its a perfect example of the sum being greater than the parts. I think they had a symbiotic relationship that went hand-in-hand and was a partnership that was made for each other and it happened at the right time and in the right place..

You can’t deny the relationship that Drew & Sean had [have]. When the open mic caught Brees telling his coach, “I love you” on the sidelines as they embraced after winning the Superbowl, it made me understand how hard these guys were working for each other.

Let's just say Drew did better in 2012 without Sean Payton then Sean Payton did without Drew and then the Saints did without Sean Payton.

Let's just say Drew did better in 2012 without Sean Payton then Sean Payton did without Drew and then the Saints did without Sean Payton.
Brees wasn't exactly on a HOF trajectory from 2001-05 before he came to the Saints. Let's give CSP the credit he truly deserves. He built an offense around Drew's strengths and he made it work for a long time.

Last season should've put this argument to bed. To take a team to 9-8 with four different QBs, no receivers of note, and the most games missed due to injury and COVID protocol was Payton's best season since '09. He had Jameis at a 16-3 TD-INT ratio through a little over six games. Now, this season, with inarguably better weapons, we're seeing what we all feared would happen without Sean at the rudder. Sean with this roster? We're at 9-4 or better.

I firmly believe that if it wasn't for Drew Brees our Saints would still be known as the loveable losers. It wasn't Payton's playcalling or leadership because we now see what's happening to the team without Payton. They have nothing left to give. Payton built this organization around his personality which was its downfall. Drew Brees was trying to win Super Bowls.
Bodega-a16 GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

A great team needs both. Do you really think if we had actually drafted Mahomes back then that Sean wouldn’t still be here winning games? Also why do you think CSP’s name has been on so many people’s lips about him returning to the NFL?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom