LMAO @ Mike Mayock (1 Viewer)

The thing with Mayock is, he doesn't seem to do much research during the season; he waits until after the year is over and watches game tapes. He's said he's only seen 3 tapes on McFadden so far. Heck, I've seen a lot more than that. (I think it was McFadden.)

I used to like his breakdowns and his mock drafts are pretty good, but that's near the draft day, when a lot of information has come out, thanks in large part to guys like Schefter. Now his breakdowns seem pretty lame. Brandon Flowers? All he can say about him is that he's physical. All of his highlights are either tackles or poorly thrown balls where he was covering the WR. He says that Flowers probably won't run a good 40, but that doesn't matter to him; he's a football player. If that was the case, then why did Chris Houston shoot up his board after clocking a 4.32 last year? His statement "That cut right there tells me everything I need to know about Mendenhall." Also, when talking about Leodis McKelvin "He's so quick to jump the route that the ball goes over the head and is caught by the receiver." That's supposed to justify him as the top corner in the draft?

Dustin Keller, TE from Purdue, 6' 3", 242 lbs., 4.53 40 yd. dash; 38" vertical. Intriguing, especially considering Brees would love a fellow Boilermaker as a target at TE.

yea this guy really looks impressive...we'd have to probably pick him in the second round though right???

Did any of those guys attend some sort of broadcast journalism classes? I tuned in to watch earlier while 40 times were being ran. Mayock, Dukes? and Rich? were completely lost in an arguement over whether skill players are losing appeal for not participating in all the drills. I realize that not everyone is interested in OL 40 times, but I was. 5 or 6 guys ran while the broadcast team never mentioned a name; a school; an opinion on their stock -- NOTHING. Just endless banter over their little arguement.

This NFL Network "thingy" is nice and all but they need to hire some producers that can pull off a show that has direction and format. It's like watching a high school debate team at times. I think there are at least 20 posters who frequent this site who could do a better job by covering what's happening on the screen right in front of the viewers eyes instead of these "talkers" ranting away about nothing in particuarly relevant to what's happening on screen.

Judging by their color commentary during the games that they broadcast last season, direction at the top levels of the network appears to be on autopilot.

That's one reason why I tuned in online. That and you have about four cameras to choose from and only one of them have the announcers. Awesome.

Another nice feature of the website right now are the drill demos they have up. The run the drills and explain some of the things they're looking for. Real good stuff.

Last edited:
Eh I would be watching the combine, but this whole ZT crap put me in a bad mood. Here's to another year of second tier signings in FA.

Rich Eisen just called Mike Mayock "the best at what he does." If Mayock's job includes ridiculous draft blunders, then I would have to agree.

Eh I would be watching the combine, but this whole ZT crap put me in a bad mood. Here's to another year of second tier signings in FA.

When everyone complains about us not signing any impact players I hope they remember that we can't force anyone to sign with us. The destination must have some appeal other than the best contract. Very few times will it all come down to money-- and when it does all come down to money-- you can bet it's gonna cost a boatload.

He has a horrible speech impediment, he hates the SEC, and he usually doesn't know what he's talking about. Sounds like somebody's being groomed for Lou Holtz job!(zing)

He has a horrible speech impediment, he hates the SEC, and he usually doesn't know what he's talking about. Sounds like somebody's being groomed for Lou Holtz job!(zing)

Oh how I wish we could see him walking around giving pep talks to players.

Can Mayock dance?

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/iQmRzFeXG8U&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/iQmRzFeXG8U&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Mayock puts brandon flowers as the best CB in this draft

Adam Schfter owned him last year

I don't take anything he has to say with much consideration

Schefter and Mayock have two completely different jobs.

It ticked me off when he said that Dorsey may have some durability issues and Ellis doesn't. I think if it had been Ellis that got chop blocked he very well may not even be at the combine. I go up to you and hit you with a baseball bat and you of course get injured, so now you have "durabitity issues".:rolleyes:

Can Mayock dance?

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/iQmRzFeXG8U&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/iQmRzFeXG8U&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

No, but apparently neither can Lou, so we'll call it a wash.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom