LMAO - Nicole Kidman's bodyguard beats up paparazzi photog (1 Viewer)

HouDat

Banned
Reaction score
http://www.flynetonline.com/2008/03/exclusive-nicole-kidmans-bodyg/

(Warning: Language)

End result:

jeremybeatup1.jpg

I will neither condone nor condemn this violence, but rather simply state that it's not surprising that this happened. In fact, I fully expected something like this to happen. The paparazzi have absolutely no sense of shame or common decency when pursuing their subjects. There is a very fine line between "journalism" and "stalking" being toed, here.

poor guy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hope he didnt hurt his fist.

That looked like something out of mob B movie. The photographer hollerin like a girl was funny, but I think his assault was uncalled for.

I support this action. The laws are too lax when it comes to paparrazzi and celebs.

I disagree - I think once you open the door to using the media to your advantage you have opened the door to everything.

These people go out their way to plant stories in the press about themselves, just to stay in the public eye. Lack of coverage gets minions fired. The paparazzi can't be turned on and off.

I disagree - I think once you open the door to using the media to your advantage you have opened the door to everything.

Wrong, completely wrong.

We make distinctions between when people are acting in their professional capacity and when they aren't. They may very well be more broad when you are a public figure, and certainly that doesn't preclude people from wanting to talk to you or ask you questions.

You have a right to a reasonable amount of privacy. That doesn't inlude being followed to the gym in the morning, or accosted when you are carrying a new-born child into your house. If someone did that to me, it would scare me, and I probably would react defensively.

I've been acquainted with some paparazzi before, and I have no respect for them at all.

Consequently, if the laws aren't tweeked to provide some reasonable limits to these activities, I support continued and more brutal ***-whippings in order to keep them in line.

These people go out their way to plant stories in the press about themselves, just to stay in the public eye. Lack of coverage gets minions fired. The paparazzi can't be turned on and off.

In some cases that might be true, and as such, there's a gray area, for sure. But for every insane Brittany Spears, there are many, many more people who have a right to carry on cretain aspects of their lives with a reasonable amount of normalcy.

Wrong, completely wrong.

We make distinctions between when people are acting in their professional capacity and when they aren't. They may very well be more broad when you are a public figure, and certainly that doesn't preclude people from wanting to talk to you or ask you questions.

You have a right to a reasonable amount of privacy. That doesn't inlude being followed to the gym in the morning, or accosted when you are carrying a new-born child into your house.

I've been acquainted with some paparazzi before, and I have no respect for them at all.

Consequently, if the laws aren't tweeked to provide some reasonable limits to these activities, I support continued and more brutal ***-whippings in order to keep them in line.

I agree with you except in one way. A lot of time the celebs representatives call the paparazzi just for that media attention. Britney Spears being the biggest offender of this. However, the stalking that goes on in a lot of these cases is insane.

Wrong, completely wrong.

You have a right to a reasonable amount of privacy. That doesn't inlude being followed to the gym in the morning, or accosted when you are carrying a new-born child into your house. If someone did that to me, it would scare me, and I probably would react defensively.

Granted, I don't know a whole lot about this stuff - but I find it odd that some celebrities are hounded and others (often times more famous) are not. I think about the problems George Clooney had that he doesn't have anymore. The difference, IMO, isn't that his threats or whatever worked, its that he isn't a media whore like he was when he was trying to break into the big-time.
Kidman, despite her apparent stature in Hollywood, still seems one step removed from media whoredom. I can name quite a few actresses who have attained a high stature in Hollywood and are still considered to some extent or another a sex symbol who are not hounded by the paparazzi but who also do not seem to have a need to be in front a camera nearly as much as Kidman.
Kidman has a house in middle Tennessee - and everytime she comes into town she has to have some media event for it. If she was a little more private I don't think she would have much of a problem.

In some cases that might be true, and as such, there's a gray area, for sure. But for every insane Brittany Spears, there are many, many more people who have a right to carry on cretain aspects of their lives with a reasonable amount of normalcy.

I'm sympathetic to celebs being accosted during intimate times of their lives, but they're the subject of the papparzi because of skillfull manipulation of the press while on their way to stardom. "Take a pic of me with all the other coolest people." "Take a pic of me and my hot girl getting out of my cool car, and make sure you ask about the cool labels I'm wearing, so I can get more free cool stuff. " "Take a pic of me with Denzel, so producers and A-list actors may think I'm cool, and offer me work."

Celebs know the downside of fame is the vultures snapping pics at every turn. I just didn't think the guy deserved the smack-down by merely follow them on a public street, is all. Sneaking into a wedding? Yeah.

I agree with you except in one way. A lot of time the celebs representatives call the paparazzi just for that media attention. Britney Spears being the biggest offender of this. However, the stalking that goes on in a lot of these cases is insane.

Yes, all that it true. I don't deny it. But it's not as common as some people think, and it's usually something done by a celebrity who's marginalized to begin with.

I've worked with a lot of publicists, and I know a lot of photographers. Paparazzi really aren't photographers any more...they are spies. And as some celebrities have pointed out, they have come to be in the business of creating a controversial situation so that they can be present to take pictures of it.

I used to know a guy who did a lot of "event" photography. Some of his work overlaps with what you'd see paparazzi doing. But his deal was that he was very respectful of celebrities. Whatever the situation, if a celebrity asked not to be photographed--or in some cases, if they had their children with them and didn't want them photographed, he always respected their wishes. Consequently, he was well known among the celebs and publicists. They ALWAYS gave him preference and special access, because they knew he could be trusted. It's not about controlling the images, just about recognizing that there is a tenuous but often mutually beneficial relationship between these parties. Both sides can play ball, and it works out fine for everyone.

There's a reason why somebody like Brad Pitt likes New Orleans. And a lot of celebrities do...because you expect for people to hassle you to take pictures with them when you're hanging out in a bar. It might suck, but it comes with the territory of being famous. That's the trade off. But you shouldn't have to worry about someone chasing you in a car when you're going to dinner, or taking pictures of your wife's crotch while she's gardening in her back yard.

If I was king of the universe, I'd have given Sean Penn a medal for every time he beat down a paparazzi.

I'll refer to the people who support the oil companies. Supply and demand.

Forgot one: "Watch my reality show, so you can see how interesting and fabulous my life is. You'll find out every detail of my existence. Just don't follow me around with a camera trying to take free pics. If anyone gets paid, it's gonna be me."

Granted, many vultures go over the line. I just think some celebs have created this problem.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom