Lo and Behold Eagles Punter DID Shank those Punts (1 Viewer)

UFCSaint

Super Forum Fanatic
Reaction score
I caught a lot of heat in here yesterday for saying the Eagles punter shanked his punts. Well lo and behold the punter himself admits they were shanks. But according to a lot of people in here they were "kicks purposely kicked away from Reggie."

http://www.philly.com/dailynews/spo...accommodate_Saints_with_special_delivery.html

....Another penalty negated Sav Rocca's booming, 58-yard punt, and confusion on the ensuing play might have contributed to a 34-yard shank out of bounds. "Nah, just a bad kick," said the Australia-weaned punter, but then added this: "Sometimes you try too hard. And sometimes trying too hard is not good for you . . . You try to replicate the kick and you just have to drop it an inch, half an inch in the wrong spot . . . "

.....But Rocca shanked another punt early in the fourth quarter - this one for 26 yards - and Drew Brees and his band of weapons moved 52 yards in six plays for a salt-away, 41-20 lead. Eagles coach Andy Reid said, "We'll see" when asked if he would bring another punter in to compete with Rocca this week. Despite a booming foot, Rocca has struggled with the consistency needed in the American game.

You're splitting hairs.

Of course they were shanked. You don't purposely punt the ball 26 yards, so that's not news.

What was suggested is that the punter was purposely trying to place the ball, close to the sideline. It's not about kicking away from Reggie, it's about cutting the field in half so that the coverage team can pin him against the sideline.

Reggie is our best blocking Running back, I don't care if Reggie gets 1 yard or 100 yards a game, just as long as he can help protect Drew Brees.

Dude, pump your brakes and think before you post.

What was said is that he shanked the punts because he was trying to kick away from Reggie. Not that he purposely kicked them OB.

Try to not be so quick to prove people wrong.

Reggie is our best blocking Running back, I don't care if Reggie gets 1 yard or 100 yards a game, just as long as he can help protect Drew Brees.

Is this in the right thread?

I don't see any reason to punt away from Reggie at this point. He looks sluggish after the catch. REALLY sluggish.

I caught a lot of heat in here yesterday for saying the Eagles punter shanked his punts. Well lo and behold the punter himself admits they were shanks. But according to a lot of people in here they were "kicks purposely kicked away from Reggie."

Good Job! :9: Here's a cookie.

cookie.jpg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom