Local Group Buys PJ's Coffee (1 Viewer)

MikeyF

VIP Contributor
Reaction score
NEW ORLEANS -- An Atlanta-based company is selling a chain of coffee shops that
started in New Orleans 30 years ago to a group of New Orleans businessmen. Raving
Brands said Monday it has agreed to sell its interests in PJ's Coffee, a privately owned
franchise chain and roaster, to the Ballard family and their partners. The new owners said
they intend to bring the chain's headquarters back to New Orleans and focus on the
Southeast.

Local Group Buys PJ's Coffee - New Orleans News Story - WDSU New Orleans

We always grab PJ's downtown in Baton Rouge whenever we head that way in the morning...

i'm glad they are local again. i might give them a chance now. i certainly wasn't keen on buying from Atlanta owners, but i was even more determined never to give Phyllis Jordan a dime of my money, after what her corporation did to the franchisees at Prytania Street and Washington Avenue.

i lived a few blocks from that PJ's franchise (now Still Perkin') at that time, and I was delivering food up and down Magazine Street. I followed the protracted fight wherein PJ's took a couple's life savings for a franchise, and then almost immediately violated that franchise agreement by selling a competing franchise barely half a mile away in what was the Orphanage building.

i'll never forget how that colored my opinion of Ms Jordan, who at that time was my dad's neighbor. After that, wild dogs couldn't have dragged me into a PJ's, even though i had a dear friend who worked there. Local loyalty indeed.

It's been years since that happened, but habits are hard to break. i'll continue hitting CC's when i'm home. i really miss Rue.

I'll never understand, why they have 3 locations within a 15 minute ride around Hammond.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom