Lockdown Corner (1 Viewer)

WakeDog

beforedawn
Reaction score
I am not suggesting we don't go after a Corner(S) in FA, or the Draft, Can we please give some thought to the players we have.....

5-11 196....????? didn't receive an invitation to the Combine but made the most of his chance to impress the Scouts and NFL teams at his pro day workout where he more than turned some heads...????? ran a pair of blazing fast forty times being clocked at 4.38 and 4.39 and wasn't finished there...he continued to impress the Scouts in attendance with a 43" vertical jump...a 10-11" broad jump...a 6.65 three cone and a 4.34 short shuttle...he recorded 15 reps at 225 on the bench and was timed in the long shuttle at 11.98 which was faster then any DB at the Combine ...????? was a three year starter at &&&&& and had 26 career starts in the &^%...he recorded 60 tackles with 2 int's in 2006 and was named to the All-%^& 2nd team as a CB in 2006...

Oh wait, he's already on our team. . A year or 2 in the NFL makes a big difference.. (JB, UY, AA, RM, MM)
http://www.eastcoastsportsnews.com/combine07.html

Usama Young hasn't proven himself yet...but even if he had...we'd still need another cornerback. Mike McKenzie is injured and getting older. That leaves guys like Usama Young, Jason David, Fred Thomas, Jason Craft...Pick two guys to start from that list. Unless Usama Young can cover both sides of the field at the same time, signing or drafting a good corner would be a smart idea.

Usama could be the answer. Could is the key word.
He might blow it up in training camp, or he might get injured or do badly. You just won't know until then.
We need 2 CBs anyway, so even if he is going to be our starter we need someone opposite him or depth.

On another note, we traded away a fourth rounder and a fifth rounder to get Antonio Pittman. Those picks could have been used on Kevin Boss, and Zak DeOssie. Instead, they will both be starting in the Superbowl for the Giants, and Pittman is the 3rd RB for the Rams after failing to make our roster.
Just goes to show that when a team uses their draft picks wisely the reward will be huge (Aaron Ross, Boss, DeOssie, and the pick of the bunch IMO Ahmad Bradshaw).

Usama could be the answer. Could is the key word.
He might blow it up in training camp, or he might get injured or do badly. You just won't know until then.
We need 2 CBs anyway, so even if he is going to be our starter we need someone opposite him or depth.

On another note, we traded away a fourth rounder and a fifth rounder to get Antonio Pittman. Those picks could have been used on Kevin Boss, and Zak DeOssie. Instead, they will both be starting in the Superbowl for the Giants, and Pittman is the 3rd RB for the Rams after failing to make our roster.
Just goes to show that when a team uses their draft picks wisely the reward will be huge (Aaron Ross, Boss, DeOssie, and the pick of the bunch IMO Ahmad Bradshaw).

Do you know how many picks we have overall this year?

I'm pretty sure we have all of our picks for this draft.

Asanti Samual! Need I say more on the CB discusion?

Lance Briggs! Need I say more in the LB discusion?

Mickey Loomis, just make it happen!

Asanti Samual! Need I say more on the CB discusion?

Lance Briggs! Need I say more in the LB discusion?

Mickey Loomis, just make it happen!

You play Madden too much. That will never happen.

We all might as well prepare ourselves now... and not be surprised when you see Jason David with the 1st team defense... the staff loves the guy.

I'd personally like to see what the dude can do with a good pass rush, and not have to worry about peaking in the backfield.

But to save yourself a moment of high blood pressure... get all of the cuss words and ill will out of your system... because unless soething very, very, very unsual happens (signing or a trade for a top notch CB) between now and training camp... jason David is our #1 CB. :covri:

Edit** Asante Samuel is NOT the CB you all think he is... without that Patriot pass rush Samuel would look like a Saints CB that I will not mention... just watch as Plax and Toomer murders him (again) tomorrow as the Giants go max protect... Samuel got pwned in week 17, and he got pwned again by vincent jackson and chris chambers... you heard it here first.

Last edited:
Edit** Asante Samuel is NOT the CB you all think he is... without that Patriot pass rush Samuel would look like a Saints CB that I will not mention... just watch as Plax and Toomer murders him (again) tomorrow as the Giants go max protect... Samuel got pwned in week 17, and he got pwned again by vincent jackson and chris chambers... you heard it here first.

+1.....Samuel will just be an overpaid corner who is not the same with a lesser defense

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom