Locker room = good blend of tight & loose (1 Viewer)

guidomerkinsrules

W H A T E V I R
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
listening to Deuce/EJW podcast and they're talking about how the Saints will respond to 2 consecutive seasons of bizarre, heartbreaking season enders

it made me think about how the locker room is put together
basically the leader is the O is uber tight Alpha- and right under him is super loose AK and super tight MT
on the other side we have hella loose Cam - Latt right behind him seems pretty tight but the unit as a whole seems super chill - but DDavis will probably have a bit more leadership/locker room presence, and e seems a bit tighter

it feels like a really good mix or personalities to manage both up and down
now obviously a situation delicately balanced can tip one way or the other fairly easily with addition and/or subtraction
BUT
Drew and Cam and coach have all gone through the bad locker room scenario, so hopefully they can nip buds early

yes/no?

They got over the first one, I'm sure they can get over the second.

Essentially is this a good locker room mix to get over the hump of 2 disappointing season ends
Ahhh

I think the talent is a much more important factor than locker room magic.

Even the dysfunctional Steelers and Packers can overcome locker room poison to do well in the post season. Locker room harmony and team spirit are positives of course. But I think they mean more for keeping a team together despite salary cap pressures than they ultimately do for getting past lucky Vikings or horrific officiating in the post season

listening to Deuce/EJW podcast and they're talking about how the Saints will respond to 2 consecutive seasons of bizarre, heartbreaking season enders

it made me think about how the locker room is put together
basically the leader is the O is uber tight Alpha- and right under him is super loose AK and super tight MT
on the other side we have hella loose Cam - Latt right behind him seems pretty tight but the unit as a whole seems super chill - but DDavis will probably have a bit more leadership/locker room presence, and e seems a bit tighter

it feels like a really good mix or personalities to manage both up and down
now obviously a situation delicately balanced can tip one way or the other fairly easily with addition and/or subtraction
BUT
Drew and Cam and coach have all gone through the bad locker room scenario, so hopefully they can nip buds early

yes/no?

Yes

Ahhh

I think the talent is a much more important factor than locker room magic.

Even the dysfunctional Steelers and Packers can overcome locker room poison to do well in the post season. Locker room harmony and team spirit are positives of course. But I think they mean more for keeping a team together despite salary cap pressures than they ultimately do for getting past lucky Vikings or horrific officiating in the post season
Yes, but one cannot discount the value of good team chemistry, either. The Saints lost the NFCCG not just because of the NOLA no-call but because it was very difficult to overcome the effect of the no-call right afterwards. Now that a lot of time has passed, the togetherness of the locker room is taking over, and I expect them to revisit Miami in February.

Of course, signing key free agent players like Cook and Brown is very significant. Drafting McCoy and Gardner-Johnson in particular provided two more potentially stellar talents.

It's absolutely true that dysfunctional teams with superior ability can succeed. When adversity strikes, however, you need the leadership to be able to overcome it.

Locker room = good blend of tight & loose
giphy.gif

Leaving this thread now... before I am cast away to Banned Island. :hihi:

We most certainly have the right mix to move past the last two devastating ends of the season. I would almost contend that we have such great leadership, that we can turn the pain of these losses into some major high power vitriol during the season. The thing is, Drew will always be Drew, but in so many ways, Cam is that team leader and second in command after him. I believe that there is a big question for this defence to finally step up this year, and Cam is the ultimate leader, his work ethic and effort is something we need to feed off of. This needs to be the season where we solidify ourselves as a top 5 defence, if we can do that, then we can move past things. Ultimately, our O will do what they do, but if we dont match it on Defence, well then, it will be interesting. To me, Cam has to get this group over the top and focused, our talent is there but we need to establish ourselves, that will be the true test.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom