Saints Loewen at TE?!!! Now he's #88! (1 Viewer)

Yes, his name is Josh Hill. There's a reason his snap count is high, even with Cook on the team.

I know who Josh Hill is, thanks for the reminder though. Notice I said Cook and Arnold weren't known for their blocking. Hill is a complete TE and is a good blocker hence why I didn't identify him. If you are going to focus on the running game, one blocking TE isn't going to be the only one your roll with. We are also down 2 WRs, but only one got called up from the PS so we may only go with 5 WRs and then 4 TEs instead of 6 WRs and 3 TEs.

Two areas this staff has not aggressively addressed, over the past 3-4 years, since Mike Thomas has arrived. A bonafide TE and a bonafide deep threat, complimentary WR, for Thomas. They have played the experimental game with both. To me, these two positions, have been the positions of most concern. That said, here they go again, with some sort of magical hope and thinking of a two way player. I suppose they are trying anything they can at this point. And as far as the TE position goes. We may be worse off this year with Jared Cook, then what we had last year. The guy has been non existent, compared to what I and many others were thinking. Maybe they pull a rabbit out the hat, with Loewen.
I cannot begin to count how many times that we've failed at this during the time period you referenced. We've littered the roster with UDFAs hoping something will work out.

I know who Josh Hill is, thanks for the reminder though. Notice I said Cook and Arnold weren't known for their blocking. Hill is a complete TE and is a good blocker hence why I didn't identify him. If you are going to focus on the running game, one blocking TE isn't going to be the only one your roll with. We are also down 2 WRs, but only one got called up from the PS so we may only go with 5 WRs and then 4 TEs instead of 6 WRs and 3 TEs.
Yeah, your post sounded very much as though we didn't already have one who could block on the roster. Hence the response, it's all good.

Regarding the additional blocking TE ability/need, I think Cook is good enough there to get by with Hill as the second guy. When we need to go three TE, we roll out an additional OL. Or at least, we have so far.

Yeah, your post sounded very much as though we didn't already have one who could block on the roster. Hence the response, it's all good.

Regarding the additional blocking TE ability/need, I think Cook is good enough there to get by with Hill as the second guy. When we need to go three TE, we roll out an additional OL. Or at least, we have so far.

That has been the case in the past. If he can consistently block anywhere near like he did in that clip I was able to find, he would be a nice addition to the running game.

If Peat can't play, Clapp starts at LG. That leaves the Saints without their "64 is eligible" lineman. Enter Mitchell Loewen.

Rooting for the kid. Bit I look for cook to have an arrival game with tb at qb

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom