Logic puzzles (1 Viewer)

O T T F F S S ____

Next letter in sequence? Yes you can google the answer but what fun would that be?

The classic

The situation
  1. There are 5 houses in five different colors.
  2. In each house lives a person with a different nationality.
  3. These five owners drink a certain type of beverage, smoke a certain brand of cigar and keep a certain pet.
  4. No owners have the same pet, smoke the same brand of cigar or drink the same beverage.
The question is: Who owns the Rabbit?

Hints
  • the Brit lives in the red house
  • the Swede keeps dogs as pets
  • the Dane drinks tea
  • the green house is on the left of the white house
  • the green house's owner drinks coffee
  • the person who smokes Pall Mall rears birds
  • the owner of the yellow house smokes Dunhill
  • the man living in the center house drinks milk
  • the Norwegian lives in the first house
  • the man who smokes blends lives next to the one who keeps cats
  • the man who keeps horses lives next to the man who smokes Dunhill
  • the owner who smokes BlueMaster drinks beer
  • the German smokes Prince
  • the Norwegian lives next to the blue house
  • the man who smokes blend has a neighbor who drinks water

The classic

The situation
  1. There are 5 houses in five different colors.
  2. In each house lives a person with a different nationality.
  3. These five owners drink a certain type of beverage, smoke a certain brand of cigar and keep a certain pet.
  4. No owners have the same pet, smoke the same brand of cigar or drink the same beverage.
The question is: Who owns the Rabbit?

Hints
  • the Brit lives in the red house
  • the Swede keeps dogs as pets
  • the Dane drinks tea
  • the green house is on the left of the white house
  • the green house's owner drinks coffee
  • the person who smokes Pall Mall rears birds
  • the owner of the yellow house smokes Dunhill
  • the man living in the center house drinks milk
  • the Norwegian lives in the first house
  • the man who smokes blends lives next to the one who keeps cats
  • the man who keeps horses lives next to the man who smokes Dunhill
  • the owner who smokes BlueMaster drinks beer
  • the German smokes Prince
  • the Norwegian lives next to the blue house
  • the man who smokes blend has a neighbor who drinks water
Hans hat Hasen.

Here's another classic.

Two scientists are talking, and one of them poses a problem to test his coworker. He says, "Hey, I've got three children. If you multiply all of their ages together, you get 72. If you add their ages together, you get the number on the door of our lab. How old are they?" The other scientist plays around with the numbers, and finally says, "There is no way I can answer that problem with the information given." The first scientist says, "Aw, that sucks. I bet my oldest child you could solve it. Now I'll have to buy her a present." The other scientist says, "Oh, in that case, I have the answer."

How old are the children?

Here's another classic.

Two scientists are talking, and one of them poses a problem to test his coworker. He says, "Hey, I've got three children. If you multiply all of their ages together, you get 72. If you add their ages together, you get the number on the door of our lab. How old are they?" The other scientist plays around with the numbers, and finally says, "There is no way I can answer that problem with the information given." The first scientist says, "Aw, that sucks. I bet my oldest child you could solve it. Now I'll have to buy her a present." The other scientist says, "Oh, in that case, I have the answer."

1, 8 & 9?

Here's another classic.

The children are 3, 3, and 8.

Door of the lab must be 14, since that's the only sum of three factors of 72 that has two possibilities, 3, 3, 8, and 2, 6, 6. But it can't be 2, 6, 6, if there's one eldest child.

(I mean, technically, there could still be an eldest, one of those six year olds must have popped out first, but I assume that's the logic here).

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom