LOL, Florio (Brees arm strength) (1 Viewer)

Saint Spud

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
Says the game should’ve ended earlier because Brees should have hit Ginn in stride for a TD. Says we need to watch and see if his arm strength declining.

Brees threw a dart off his back foot under pressure. Not sure how many QBs in the league would've been able to do that in that situation.

Last edited:
What he meant to say is the the game should have been over earlier because the Saints should have had 15 extra seconds at the end of the first half to give Drew time to set the Saints up for an easier FG. Saints would have been up by 9 with 50 seconds to go. Game over.

I’ve just been really surprised at how many pundits are using this throw as “proof” that Brees is in decline.

He was basically standing flat footed and there was no step up or normal deep ball follow through. It was all arm — and it went over 40 yds — and was complete.

I get that Rodgers can just flick his wrist and a ball goes 50 yds but Brees has never had that kind of arm strength. Brees has always been about technique.

That throw showed nothing.

Man, I’m glad we have brees but his arm definitely isn’t what it used to be. Ginn is constantly having to slow down to make the catch. He’s still a great qb but to me it’s obvious.
Does seem to be noticeable with throwing to Ginn. Drew needs clean pocket and setup these days.

Been a while since Ginn hasn't had to wait a bit for the ball.

I will ask what I've asked before. When is the last time anyone ever saw Drew Brees throw a ball over 40 from the LOS in his entire career? I would venture to say never. I've been following this guy since Purdue & can't ever recall him throwing the ball over 50 yards from where he stood in his career. So why is this becoming a point of contention now?

I challenge & welcome anyone who is commenting on Brees' declining arm strength to provide any video evidence whatsoever that shows he ever threw a ball over 55 yards in his life. If you can't provide this evidence then please do not feed this monkey. not from the LOS, from where he stood.

I think Fiorio has a point. We all know his arm strength is not the same. It makes Drew a different quarterback and certainly our offence does not rely on the long ball as years before.

I don’t see why you get so offended.

Drew is a better quarterback then five years ago, but his arm is not as strong.

It was a gutsy call and play!

I was just hoping for a little dink pass to get the first down to extend the drive. Realize if we don't hit that deep pass for whatever reason, there would have been lots of negative reaction as to why we took the deep shot right there and then at a critical time in the game. Yes, the throw was a little behind Ginn, yes he slowed down to catch it. But, not necessarily because Drew couldn't get it to the precise mark. You'd have to ask Drew and not the "media" that wants to throw him under the bus already. What's not being mentioned is that Drew, like every QB, has to "guesstimate" on exactly where his receiver (Ginn) will be when the ball arrives at that precise moment. Ginn is very fast so it's also a possibility that Drew underestimated on how far he needed to throw it - not because he couldn't throw it another 5 - 10 additional yards down the field, but because, in this instance, Ginn was smoking down the field faster than Drew realized. Is it possible that even the great young stud QB's now on the horizon might underestimate their throw during a game? Yes they all do, all the time. Just not with all the publicity and scrutiny.

Great play! Ballsy! Loved it!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom