LOL, Florio (Brees arm strength) (2 Viewers)

Saint Spud

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
Sticky Post
Says the game should’ve ended earlier because Brees should have hit Ginn in stride for a TD. Says we need to watch and see if his arm strength declining.

Brees threw a dart off his back foot under pressure. Not sure how many QBs in the league would've been able to do that in that situation.

Last edited:

Kyle brister

VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I found this vidoe which may help with this debate

That first one to Eric Parker in 2004 was underthrown too
Thanks, that was fun. the longest throw in that video was 51 yards in 2011 to Devery Henderson on the flea flicker & the second longest was 49 yards to Joe Horn in 2006. The man has never completed a pass of 55 yards in his life. One thing I did notice was a ton of separation in some of those throws. And there's a lot of difference throwing a ball in the 2nd Qtr. versus the 4th qtr. for a guy 40 years old. But i liked what I saw in the 4th Qtr. from my 40 year old QB.

Rdanderson91

Krispy Kreme
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Who cares? So what he can’t throw a ball 60 yards. You can hold up a 50 cent piece 25 yards away from him and he’ll knock it out of your hand. That’s all we need. He is the most accurate passer to ever play the game at any level.

Kyle brister

VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Look guys, when I see one of these shiny new model QBs on display & see all their hot little moves & the way they take a licking & keep on ticking I think, man Wouldn't it be nice to have one of those in the garage? But the fact is Old Man Brees with his 19 & 30 model T Ford still manages to get up out the bed & do half a day's work before those whipper snappers even get their diapers changed & get their morning bottle. And while Deshaun Was nails throwing bullets after getting his body beat down, it was Brees's coolness & experience that got us down the field where the rest of his team could be heroes.

CHI-TOWNSAINT

More than 15K posts served!
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
God this is going to get old....it's Week 1 and we won. I wonder what the end game is with this topic for these national writers? I could see this agenda being pushed if there was an abundance of QB's waiting for Brees to retire so they get their shot, but, um......there's not. I don't get it.

Kyle brister

VIP Contributor
Reaction score
No, and I am not interested in spending time searching for something that I think we all can see.

The long ball was a key element of our offence. It is no more and there is a reason for it.

And again, still I think Drew is a better quarterback then five years ago.

I don’t see a reason to get offended for someone stating that Drew’s arm is not as strong as it was.
Dude, no one is getting offended at your opinion. What offends me is when these national bubble heads come out as though they know something about Drew & they haven't watched 10 plays of a game he's had all season. then they do their one liner assassination campaign based on BS bogus lack of info & start drumming up a band from the the fan base to join them because they convince you that you can see something that isn't there.

Eman5805

Soulful Voice Actor
Reaction score
Funny thing is I immediately noticed that the ball got out there with some zip. To say that Brees didn't get to step into the throw at all.

Kyle brister

VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Let's see, Drew's stats last night. 32-43 for 370 yards & 2 TDs 74.4% completion percentage with 2 TDs & one Int. Oh my goodness, the man is definitely falling off the cliff. he only completed 74.4% of his passes & had a pick. he only had 5 all of last season & his QBR was only 105.8 Who's available on the waiver wire?

Kyle brister

VIP Contributor
Reaction score
https://www.neworleanssaints.com/video/can-t-miss-play-brees-bombs-away-5817831 this right at 55 yards and I love Drew. The ball was under thrown.
You are right my friend. He had one ball he got 55 yards on in his entire career. And one for 51 & two for 50 & one a few for 49 & a several for 48. This man is about to break the ALL TIME TOUCHDOWN record a year ahead of Tom Brady who was given the reigns of his team as a rookie. And he's had five, count em 5 total TDs in his entire career that went 50 or more yards in the air, & not one, none, not any over 55 yards through the air in his life.

Yatman

threadkiller
Reaction score
Can't tell if the butthurt about media dissing Brees is serious. If so, why?

Team performance tells the tale, not yoyo opinions from sports generalists who all have agendas, most not friendly to NO.

And then we bicker with each other about their clickbait headlines? SMH

ndcc

Saints' fan 4ever
VIP Contributor
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Sooooooo glad to be back in New Orleans!!!!!
Florio got on my good side when he was one of the FEW sports media persons to stick up for the Saints during the BountyGate saga.

Now... the dude is really starting to get on my nerves.

I'm counting, and he's rapidly moving towards my LAST nerve. :mad:

:gosaints:

Reaction score
Who cares? 4 completions for 20+ yards and 2 completions for 40+ yards. I don't care where they caught it. I care about how it affects the game. Did we lose because of it? No? Then sit down.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

Headlines

Top Bottom