LOL, Florio (Brees arm strength) (2 Viewers)

I got it. Form thew 46 -1 = 45 yards by my measurement. That is about his limit. That has always been about his limit.
The limit was about 50 but look at the velocity, tight spiral and dropped in stride.

He can still do that but it's not quite as consistent. Used to be near automatic.

Again not a knock. When you go from near perfection to very good, people will still notice.

All true.

But everything is relative. He's compensating in many ways and still "elite"overall across all the dimensions of what an NFL QB needs to be, but just seems to be a little less velocity on the ball than he had at physical peak.
You're a great poster, but you buying into something that just isn't true. He has limitations & when you see these young bucks coming out of college throwing it 70 yards down the field it makes you feel like they have something Brees doesn't have. And these yohos who don't know QB from a 5 gallon bucket continue to make the same idiotic claims against this guy that have been made since high school use the one pass where he doesn't do everything perfectly to discredit him.

Um, Nick Saban didnt pass on him. The dolphins doctors said he would never be the same. I'm sure you can find that on google if you want to take the time. Worked out for us.
But Culpepper would? That's smoke & mirrors. Andrews guaranteed a full recovery. Isn't he a medical doctor?

Grainy, but go to about 1:15 mark.

48 yards in the air, tight spiral, in stride.

Yeah, that was gorgeous. He also had no one near him and stepped into the throw. I’m guessing it wouldn’t look that much different now.

His arm strength has likely declined. Not arguing that. But PFT putting out an entire article around it insinuates that it is a big deal. It’s not. And it also uses a really poor example, IMO.

The limit was about 50 but look at the velocity, tight spiral and dropped in stride.

He can still do that but it's not quite as consistent. Used to be near automatic.

Again not a knock. When you go from near perfection to very good, people will still notice.
Have you ever seen the GREAT Archie manning throw? about 75% pf his balls looked like wounded ducks going down the field. That pass to Ginn looked beautiful to me. But it was Brees limit. What about the ball that Williams intercepted? You think anything is wrong with Watson's arm?

Drew with two arms tied behind his back is a better QB than most everyone in the league. You can measure arm strength but the intelligence to use that arm is where the real measurement should be. He still reads defenses like its nobody's business.

You're a great poster, but you buying into something that just isn't true. He has limitations & when you see these young bucks coming out of college throwing it 70 yards down the field it makes you feel like they have something Brees doesn't have. And these yohos who don't know QB from a 5 gallon bucket continue to make the same idiotic claims against this guy that have been made since high school use the one pass where he doesn't do everything perfectly to discredit him.
I'm not comparing him to them because you are right he has never been that.

I'm just considering what I am seeing and agree with Guillermo that there are some staples that used to be in the game plan that are no longer called. One i noted what the dart down the seam to Colston, tight and precise where only Colston could go up and get it.

Now, maybe part of the answer there is no one else on the rosters since has been able to be trusted with a throw like that. I just know the spirals are less consistently tight. No worries. Remember Billy Kilmer. Style points don't matter.

I’ve been a fan of this team long enough to know that if we get a good-great player the media tries to say something negative about them. I remember reading about Deuce being slow and how he couldn’t get skinny going through the line. I also remember reading about PT and how he had fumbling issues. I even remember hearing negative things about Wes Chandler when he was on the team. So what I’m saying is I hope Drew reads that and prints out a copy of it. Then after being named the league MVP wins his second super bowl and is named the games mvp he pulls the copy out of his pants and holds it up as a big old fu.

Let him drill you (naysayers) in the face from 40 yards and you will earn your "expert" badge. I think five more yards and he leads Ginn into the safety.

Last edited:
Yeah, that was gorgeous. He also had no one near him and stepped into the throw. I’m guessing it wouldn’t look that much different now.

His arm strength has likely declined. Not arguing that. But PFT putting out an entire article around it insinuates that it is a big deal. It’s not. And it also uses a really poor example, IMO.
There's a grain of truth to it.

And every time he throws an INT or misses a throw this year you're going to hear the media harp on it.

Build them up, tear them down. With the exception they have generally tried to avoid building Brees up.

i'd much rather him throw the ball 43 yards tight on a line & make the completion than show his arm off & overthrow Ginn by 5 yards because he could launch it 60 yards. I watched Trubisky do that about three times the other night. And he led his team to a field goal at home.

There's a grain of truth to it.

And every time he throws an INT or misses a throw this year you're going to hear the media harp on it.

Build them up, tear them down. With the exception they have generally tried to avoid building Brees up.

To which part? That it’s declined slightly or that it’s a big deal?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom