LOL, Florio (Brees arm strength) (1 Viewer)

Can't tell if the butthurt about media dissing Brees is serious. If so, why?

Team performance tells the tale, not yoyo opinions from sports generalists who all have agendas, most not friendly to NO.

And then we bicker with each other about their clickbait headlines? SMH

Florio got on my good side when he was one of the FEW sports media persons to stick up for the Saints during the BountyGate saga.

Now... the dude is really starting to get on my nerves.

I'm counting, and he's rapidly moving towards my LAST nerve. :mad:

:gosaints:

Who cares? 4 completions for 20+ yards and 2 completions for 40+ yards. I don't care where they caught it. I care about how it affects the game. Did we lose because of it? No? Then sit down.

I saw that 56 yard pass live and thought "I wish he were a Saint!" 2 yrs later...and now 15 yrs later...what an athlete. I like how the announcer called his final pass to Ginn "surgical." Indeed.

This thread really hits home. At my advanced age, I don't always fire away with the same velocity or distance, but the equipment and the mechanics are in excellent shape.

I will ask what I've asked before. When is the last time anyone ever saw Drew Brees throw a ball over 40 from the LOS in his entire career? I would venture to say never. I've been following this guy since Purdue & can't ever recall him throwing the ball over 50 yards from where he stood in his career. So why is this becoming a point of contention now?

I agree with you.Brees never had a strong arm. But under ideal circumstances, he can heave it 50 yards from scrimmage.

My gosh I cannot believe we are wasting time on this garbage and that's exactly what it is. We have never needed Drew to throw it 60-70 yards to
win a game. Those 40 yards were just fine yesterday considering he really didn't have complete follow through on throw. Anyway haters will always hate and that's what Florio's article is ALL about despite his desire to make everyone think otherwise.

I will ask what I've asked before. When is the last time anyone ever saw Drew Brees throw a ball over 40 from the LOS in his entire career? I would venture to say never. I've been following this guy since Purdue & can't ever recall him throwing the ball over 50 yards from where he stood in his career. So why is this becoming a point of contention now?

The last home game I believe vs the Bears or the 2nd to last one he throw a bomb for a TD to where the ball traveled over 50 yards in the air. It's considered one of his best throws as well. Nice clean pocket, was able to step up and hit the WR in stride.

eh. He threw it 43 yards in the air. Off his back foot. He did not step into it (like that TD to Henederson video in this thread where he really stepped into it). Beautiful spiral. His arm may have declined, but this does not seem like the right evidence to support that proposition.

It's not about questioning Drew's arm strength, it's about the premise of the article. It's an excerpt from his video with Simms and King. Why Florio thought this was article-worthy is my issue with it. "If Brees had thrown the ball on stride, it would have been a touchdown and the game would have been out of reach." I could write a thousand "IF" scenarios about each game.

I don't dislike Florio, but he's been on this Brees is declining kick and keeps trying to milk it. I heard him bring up Brees' pending demise in one of his videos during this presason and one of his statement to it up was that the pass interference to TL Lewis in THAT game was due to Brees not being able to get it him with enough zip. I'm paraphrasing, but that was what he stated.

This IF he had _______ then _______ article is beyond lame.

Seriously. What he should have written was IF the refs don't rob us of almost 20 seconds of clock time at the end of the first half, THEN we are leading by more than a touchdown and would be running down the clock for a victory. That was a much bigger problem in the game vs how far Brees can throw the ball.

Although we would have been robbed of that spectacular ending.

God this is going to get old....it's Week 1 and we won. I wonder what the end game is with this topic for these national writers? I could see this agenda being pushed if there was an abundance of QB's waiting for Brees to retire so they get their shot, but, um......there's not. I don't get it.

Because at some point in the future they will be right and they will look back and say "I told you so." That's it. The end game.

Says the game should’ve ended earlier because Brees should have hit Ginn in stride for a TD. Says we need to watch and see if his arm strength declining.

Brees threw a dart off his back foot under pressure. Not sure how many QBs in the league would've been able to do that in that situation.

This. If the pocket was cleaner and he was able to step up the game is over.

Because at some point in the future they will be right and they will look back and say "I told you so." That's it. The end game.

I guess my retort to him whenever he is right would be “duh, The guys 40+. Congrats on the wild prediction Nostamdamus”

For his next trick “I predict Drew Brees will turn 41 soon”

Dude, no one is getting offended at your opinion. What offends me is when these national bubble heads come out as though they know something about Drew & they haven't watched 10 plays of a game he's had all season. then they do their one liner assassination campaign based on BS bogus lack of info & start drumming up a band from the the fan base to join them because they convince you that you can see something that isn't there.

I am saying I don't understand what people are getting so mad about what Fiorio wrote.

Here is a frangment of the article:

This isn’t a knock on Brees. He’s one of the greatest quarterbacks of all time, a member of my own personal top five. But for any of these guys who continue to play after making it halfway to 80, it makes sense to look for any evidence of slippage.

I don't have any problems with someone questioning if Drew's arm is a strong as ever was, and I think it isn't. But again, that doesn't make Drew a worst quarterback. It makes him different, and I think, better.

I really don't care if anyone gets offended with my opinion. I just don't understand why people get offended with opinions that are different.

Debate always enriches life, and part of the process is dealing with controversial opinion that people should take for what they are: just opinions.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom