LOL, Florio (Brees arm strength) (1 Viewer)

Yes, Drew cannot throw as far and accurate as he once did, but 85 percent of former Drew in the go deep department is compensated by his unparalleled intermediate accuracy. The Saints simply do not call bomb plays the way they once did several years ago. I am sure Josh Allen can still throw that 80 yard bomb farther than Drew. So goes the most overrated aspect of quarterback play. The real question is 3rd and 2 game on the line and you make that throw down field under pressure. That was a hall of fame play.

Says the game should’ve ended earlier because Brees should have hit Ginn in stride for a TD. Says we need to watch and see if his arm strength declining.

Brees threw a dart off his back foot under pressure. Not sure how many QBs in the league would've been able to do that in that situation.

Yeah, Florio knows so much about football.

Does seem to be noticeable with throwing to Ginn. Drew needs clean pocket and setup these days.

Been a while since Ginn hasn't had to wait a bit for the ball.

It could be that maybe Ginn is too fast...………………..I remember someone saying during training camp that Ginn was on the bubble because he had lost a step...…….:p

There will be long throws where people will say Brees is being his masterful HOF self at age 40. When he doesn’t hit those same throws a few times, then it must be his age capping his arm strength. Miscommunications can happen but the media is ready to write him off and push him out of the door off the smallest error.

Um, Nick Saban didnt pass on him. The dolphins doctors said he would never be the same. I'm sure you can find that on google if you want to take the time. Worked out for us.

Saban did pass on him...the fact that he got poor advice doesn’t change that fact...thank you dolphins medical staff and nick saban

It could be that maybe Ginn is too fast...………………..I remember someone saying during training camp that Ginn was on the bubble because he had lost a step...…….:p

I thought about that idiotic post after the game....

People compare Brees with Henderson with Brees and Ginn. Ginn, while fast isn’t Henderson fast. Brees could launch it just about anywhere and no one could keep up with Henderson when he was at speed. Brees could just chuck it down the field. Ginn isn’t that fast. He has to be more accurate.

Also that sort of accuracy’s Brees has (he did set the record) you cannot maintain with a weak arm.

Man, I’m glad we have brees but his arm definitely isn’t what it used to be. Ginn is constantly having to slow down to make the catch. He’s still a great qb but to me it’s obvious.

I don't know why it offends so many fans, either. The Saints have taken out certain plays, and put certain plays onto their call sheet, to account for his declining arm strength. it's no secret in the facility.

Hasn't stopped them from winning a butt-load of games and Brees breaking more records, though. You simply compensate and keep moving. Thats whats important, winning. He's more efficient than he's ever been. They set up the long shots when they need them.

Last edited:
I don't know why it offends so many fans, either. The Saints have taken out certain plays, and put certain plays onto their call sheet, to account for his declining arm strength. it's no secret in the facility.

Hasn't stopped them from winning a butt-load of games and Brees breaking more records, though. You simply compensate and keep moving. Thats whats important, winning. He's more efficient than he's ever been. They set up the long shots when they need them.

I think a lot of people just want to believe certain things and that’s that. It’s like selective hearing.

Grainy, but go to about 1:15 mark.

48 yards in the air, tight spiral, in stride.

I know they like to switch things up, but that 2009 pre game chant was just AWESOME. It gets me fired up every time I hear it. They should do it EVERY game, it makes me want to run through walls and such. It's 100X better than telling the team to eat a W. :9:

Seth Galina is an excellent (and friendly) analyst - he is a huge Drew Brees fan . . . and he shares the view that Drew’s diminished arm strength is apparent. But it doesn’t mean it’s a liability. He’s sharp as ever.

Seth Galina is an excellent (and friendly) analyst - he is a huge Drew Brees fan . . . and he shares the view that Drew’s diminished arm strength is apparent. But it doesn’t mean it’s a liability. He’s sharp as ever.

Seth is a great mind. Coached football up in Canada for awhile. He's fun to exchange notes with.

I found this vidoe which may help with this debate

That first one to Eric Parker in 2004 was underthrown too

I have no idea if he has declined, but I do have one theory on the lack of recent deep throws.

In many of those offenses, we would immediately put a gassed defense back on the field. We might score 50 points, but our gassed defense might give up 40. Our current strategy is to control the ball, the clock, and ultimately the game. We keep our defense off the field, and keep their defense on the field. We can gain by 7-10 yards at a time and suck the life out of the other team. We were a deep ball / shoot-out team in 2013 (and beyond). That kind of football is thrilling, but you probably won't be watching it in January and February.

I have no idea if he has declined, but I do have one theory on the lack of recent deep throws.

In many of those offenses, we would immediately put a gassed defense back on the field. We might score 50 points, but our gassed defense might give up 40. Our current strategy is to control the ball, the clock, and ultimately the game. We keep our defense off the field, and keep their defense on the field. We can gain by 7-10 yards at a time and suck the life out of the other team. We were a deep ball / shoot-out team in 2013 (and beyond). That kind of football is thrilling, but you probably won't be watching it in January and February.

Right, and like I said before it may have something to do with the fact it is better to risk an underthrow than an overthrow. Assuming the receiver has beat his man and there is no one else deep who could potentially cut the route.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom