LOL. Jerry Jones coming unhinged on radio 105.3thefan (1 Viewer)

I just listened to it and to say he became "unhinged" is seriously hyperbole. All he did was say BS twice and the station's profanity filter dumped the call. He droned on and on in a subdued voice the whole time he was on. I was really waiting for the "heated exchange" but it never happened because it, well, never happened. I really wish I had that time back.
Come on, let us have this.

He has only himself to blame for dragging this out for so long. All he has to do is get rid of Jason Garrett TODAY and I guarantee the Cowboys will look like an entirely new team by next week.

He NEEDS to fire the GM also!

There's an article on the radio.com page linked in the OP that makes you think it's a very heated exchange, so as long as you don't actually listen to the audio and just read that, you'll have it!
Oh, I hate clicking through so I HAVE IT!

I think his idiot kid is actually the "GM" now. Your point definitely still stands though.
In the interview I just suffered through, he did say that he (Jerruh) is the GM, but I know he gave his kid some of the GM responsibilities. Maybe just having to do with the scouting and player acquisition. Jerruh definitely still has the final say over any and everything that goes on with that team and that's why they'll remain in purgatory until he finally dies and they hire an actual GM and head coach who isn't a yes man.

You could see the look of disappointment on Cooper's face last night. Isn't his contract up after this year? I would welcome him to NOLA with open arms!

You could see the look of disappointment on Cooper's face last night. Isn't his contract up after this year? I would welcome him to NOLA with open arms!
I'm pretty sure he's only got one year left on his deal from Oakland. He would be a nice addition but is going to be too expensive for a #2, IMO - especially if we want to re-sign our priority UFAs. He's making $14 MM this year, IIRC, and that's just too much to have tied up in two WRs. I'd rather draft another receiver in the CGM mold. Someone who is pro-ready and can come in and contribute right away (and gets overlooked in the first round so he comes in with a CGM chip on his shoulder to prove everyone who passed on him wrong). It looks like that's the plan since we didn't make any moves for a trade before the deadline. Or, hey, maybe Emmanuel Butler is a secret weapon we've been stashing on the PS and waiting to bust out for the playoffs lol. I can dream, right?

That’s what happens when you wake up on Friday morning and remember that you gave up 4 total TDs to Mitch Trubisky last night. :hihi:

Last edited:
Heck, his team is leading the division though! :)

Jerry just had to get rid of Jimmy Johnson and all of the real football people in the organization. He wasn't happy with just some of the shine, he wanted all of the shine. He couldn't stand the fact that Jimmy got all the credit for The Trade and the Super Bowls that followed.

One man's ego has kept "America's Team" basking in mediocrity for two decades. The Cowboys have been so bad for so long that North Louisiana has become Saints country.

Jerry just had to get rid of Jimmy Johnson and all of the real football people in the organization. He wasn't happy with just some of the shine, he wanted all of the shine. He couldn't stand the fact that Jimmy got all the credit for The Trade and the Super Bowls that followed.

One man's ego has kept "America's Team" basking in mediocrity for two decades. The Cowboys have been so bad for so long that North Louisiana has become Saints country.
Now there's some real troof for ya.

He has only himself to blame for dragging this out for so long. All he has to do is get rid of Jason Garrett TODAY and I guarantee the Cowboys will look like an entirely new team by next week.
Right. If Kris Richard is all that he's cracked up to be, Why hasn't he fired Garrett already and made Richard the interim yet?

That way he could evaluate how Richard holds up in a pressure situation as the Head guy as his first real test; and who knows maybe it could be a galvanizing moment that could spark their team, or at least ignite some spark for them to play for pride.

but instead he continues to kick the can, with Garrett and it's the same ole bi-polar routine of he hates him one week, loves him the next... at this point they don't deserve to be in the playoffs but the Eagles don't either... can we just exclude the NFC East from the playoffs this year?

That team has too much talent to be circle the drain like it is. Jerry Jones has only one problem, he needs to look in the mirror to find it. Same problem that's been there for years. The older he's gotten the worse it gets. He needs to loosen the reigns and maybe just maybe they can get back to greatness.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom