lol - ODST outsells teh killzonez in one day (1 Viewer)

The Mongoose

Porkers?
Reaction score
http://www.co-optimus.com/article/2...Killzone_2s_Lifetime_Sales___In_24_Hours.html

Here's an interesting bit of news for co-op fans. Killzone 2 is the premiere FPS for the PS3. It's gorgeous visually, but has one glaring weakness: no co-op whatsoever. As we've covered before, the game really suffers as a result. Even without our favorite feature, Killzone 2 has sold well by almost any measure, with 1.9 million copies moved since the game's release in late February.

I did just say "almost any measure". Apparently, when compared to Halo 3 ODST, Killzone 2 looks like small potatoes. All the controversy about ODST's campaign length and recycled multiplayer didn't hold too many fans back. A whopping 2 million copies of Halo 3 ODST were sold on the first day alone.

Reasons?

Boy, I can't wait 'till the Queefer stumbles outta the bar and sees this.

while you are waiting, why don't you answer my question about matchmaking??

Matchmaking is when you are in a lobby and you start the game and the system finds a game for you and starts the game.

Killzone 2, from what i understand, only has lobbies where you manually search for games.

The only PS3 exclusive that has Matchmaking is Metal Gear Solid.

what is so great about that???

i am not being an ***, i just don't see what is so special about it

i like to be able to choose :shrug:

Matchmaking is when you are in a lobby and you start the game and the system finds a game for you and starts the game.

Killzone 2, from what i understand, only has lobbies where you manually search for games.

The only PS3 exclusive that has Matchmaking is Metal Gear Solid.

:smileypuker:

what is so great about that???

i am not being an ***, i just don't see what is so special about it

i like to be able to choose :shrug:

Halo 3 finds people of the same skill set and matches them together. If you are skill level 25 you won't play against a team of 40's. It gives you a chance to progress and get better by playing against people that won't blow you out unlike a game like COD4 where you will play against people that are 20-30 ranks higher than you.

while you are waiting, why don't you answer my question about matchmaking??

Halo 2 really opened everyone's eyes to the value of skill-based matchmaking system. Since its proven success, Microsoft has sought to put similar matchmaking in all its multiplayer games.

They developed a system called Trueskill which matches players based on the mountains of data they amass from every game players take part in on line.

Halo 3 uses a modified version of Trueskill for its matchmaking.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom