LOL @ "The Shwam" (1 Viewer)

I was sitting there going: "pick against us....pick against us......YES!"

Now I know we're gonna win. :)

Who cares who anyone picks to win. As long as we win that's all that matters. I'd hate to have seen what y'all were all like during your balloting for Homecoming King and Queeen.

Berman grew up a Jets fan. His dad used to take him to the games. We wouldn't get the pick no matter what. However, I do think that he dislikes us, for whatever reason. I was watching the MNF fastes 3 minutes after we killed the Eagles and he either didn't even discuss our game or barely discussed.

there's a big comedy element to the schwam segment....and if you watch it closely, he mainly picked teams that worked with the throwback AFC uni theme of the rest of his segment. I get the feeling he really doesn't care outside of a game or two. Not only that......if the guy is picking as badly as he is (this Schwam's record is really lopsided right now in the negative column) do you really want him picking New Orleans?

Why is everyone who doesn't kiss the Saints @#% automatically labeled an idiot???

Chris Berman's shtick is that of a traditionalist. He's always going to back the traditional powers that have a storied history, like Pittsburgh, Philadelphia, Buffalo, Green Bay, San Fran, any team where he can use his lines like " no one circles the wagons like the Buffalo Bills." That's just his thing. His picks aren't based on current day analysis. It's for entertainment. His picks' record is notoriously bad, and if the entire Countdown panel is picking one team, he will be the one to root for the underdog. That's just him.

You guys really need to stop getting all bent out of shape about everyone that doesn't swear the Saints will win every game. In the past day I've heard Marcellus Wiley AND Chris Berman called idiots on this board. That's ridiculous. Both are intelligent men.

Why is everyone who doesn't kiss the Saints @#% automatically labeled an idiot???

Chris Berman's shtick is that of a traditionalist. He's always going to back the traditional powers that have a storied history, like Pittsburgh, Philadelphia, Buffalo, Green Bay, San Fran, any team where he can use his lines like " no one circles the wagons like the Buffalo Bills." That's just his thing. His picks aren't based on current day analysis. It's for entertainment. His picks' record is notoriously bad, and if the entire Countdown panel is picking one team, he will be the one to root for the underdog. That's just him.

You guys really need to stop getting all bent out of shape about everyone that doesn't swear the Saints will win every game. In the past day I've heard Marcellus Wiley AND Chris Berman called idiots on this board. That's ridiculous. Both are intelligent men.

usually i agree.......but much like players get past their prime in the game, his jokes are getting old and worn out......

its not the picks that annoy me as much as it is just him.....hes getting frustrating to listen to

but much like players get past their prime in the game, his jokes are getting old and worn out......
And if I never hear "WHOOP" again, it'll still be too soon.

Its not just that they pick against the saints, it is an overall abundance of pure stupidity in all aspects of analysis and pseudo journalism. Those guys really are idiots. ESPN is a farce, it has changed it's approach to sports presentation and that change was to a sensational less truthful style. It isn't just the saints, it is that the whole world is slowly catching on to how dumbed down things have become.

That's 5 straight weeks he's picked against us.

I mean really? I'm not saying you have to love the Saints, but after picking wrong against them 5 straight weeks you'd think he'd test the waters on the other side.

maybe hes our lucky charm...as long as he doesnt wish us luck???? :idunno:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom