LONDON COUNTERPOINT: We owe the NFL one (1 Viewer)

So you are ready to throw in the towel on our home games and just give them away because we played poorly at home this season???? I don't get the logic.

Exactly, these people who say this as a reason they don't care about our team playing in London siply amaze me...:dunno: With that logic why even play anymore in the Dome then?? That is ridiculous.

Exactly, these people who say this as a reason they don't care about our team playing in London siply amaze me...:dunno: With that logic why even play anymore in the Dome then?? That is ridiculous.

You're exaggerating. Nobody in any thread ANYWHERE on SSF has said they don't want the Saints to play in the Dome.

They have said that IF WE HAVE TO PLAY A GAME OVERSEAS IN LONDON (COMMA) MAYBE IT WILL BE GOOD FOR US SINCE OUR HOME RECORD IN THE DOME HAS NOT BEEN GREAT LATELY.

Isn't that how you read it? If not, I sure interpreted it that way.

I personally think it's an honor to be selected for the game...

You're exaggerating. Nobody in any thread ANYWHERE on SSF has said they don't want the Saints to play in the Dome.

They have said that IF WE HAVE TO PLAY A GAME OVERSEAS IN LONDON (COMMA) MAYBE IT WILL BE GOOD FOR US SINCE OUR HOME RECORD IN THE DOME HAS NOT BEEN GREAT LATELY.

Isn't that how you read it? If not, I sure interpreted it that way.

Really I was asking a question, hence why I put a question mark at the end. Seems to me that if people don't mind us losing a home game because "we play better on the road anyway" then my next question to them would be "why play anymore, much less 7, games at home??"

Interpret it whichever way you want but that's disgusting to me. I do not care how great we play on the road, I don't want to lose a home game period. We don't get many games(especially the last 2 years) to see them as it is.

but why us this year?
why not the Bucs or whoever the World Champs will be?
why not the Buffalo Bills, who don't like playing in their town anyway?

I know we stink at home, but taking away a home game probably means $10 million to the local economy on game day, right?

Why not the Dallas Cowgirls?
Or another team I hate, the Chicago Bears or the Philly Iggles?

The point was made in another thread, but the amount of money the city is losing from not playing the game at the dome will be far exceeded by the free advertisement the city will get just from the team being in this game. Not to mention the fact that the state may get a prorated portion of its HUGE subsidy obligation removed.

I thought this would never happen, but right now at this second......

I wish Jerry Jones was our owner.

Wow, that hurt.

...the amount of money the city is losing from not playing the game at the dome will be far exceeded by the free advertisement the city will get ....
Not personal, but I dont know where you come up with that figure, Holic. Somebody already figured out how much $$$ pumps into the N.O. economy every game day. Any projection of "advertisement" in the Euro-bowl would have to be some imaginary abstract. The world already knows where New Orleans is. I think we should work on capturing heart & minds in SHREVEPORT.

People who care enough to spend already know who the Saints are. I dont see them sailing over from Sweden. Im a season tix holder / drives from Houston. Your real traveling friends are in Lafayette, Monroe, Texas, AL, FL, and MISSISSIPPI, and yes Shreveport. Dont forget DomeDog who drives from Memphis.

The OP is very well written/ thought provoking. Maybe we do owe something to the NFL, although, its MY pocket that I find much lighter after football season.

All "taking one for the team," is going to accomplish is giving my team serious jet lag for 2 weeks, rob us of a home game, and deprive the smallest market outside of Green Bay its huge game day boost.

Are you not already rich, NFL? This "international" crap puts you right up there with Walmart and Clear Channel Radio in the I'm-not-already-rich-enough-I-must-have-the-entire-planet- category of greed. As with those 2 clowns, all this will do is dilute your product.

I hate this idea, and the more I think about it, the more ****** off I get.

Last edited:
Anyone think it's completely unfair that New Orleans has hosted so many Superbowls?

Just askin'.

No, because it's one of the best if not the best city to host the SB.

Do we still pay full prices for season tickets?

I hear what the OP is saying.

It would be nice if the NFL could think about the disadvantage of playing 7 home games does to a team. Miami had other problems in 2007, but a 9000 mile roundtrip and losing a home game couldn't have helped.

Last season's schedule, starting off with 2 road games and then playing two consecutive games against teams coming off their byes (Rams, Texans) kind of hurt the Saints. The Saints did get to play a team without a bye (Carolina) coming off their own bye, and they didn't have to go on the road after a Monday night game, so that was nice.

But it would be nice for the Saints to, say, host the Thanksgiving night NFLN game (11-27-8) versus the Falcons or somebody, giving the Saints 9 days off before a December 7 Sunday game.

Last edited:
would it possible that the NFL could change the schedule so that both teams are actually playing a road game and no one will lose a home game? that seems to be the best of both worlds. both teams keep their 8 home games so the local economy won't lose out and the NFL still makes a HUGE amount of cash playing a game in London. and for the record, when I was in London last year there were a lot of Londoners who knew who the saints are and liked them. didn't take to kindly to the young man traveling with us wearing the cowboys gear. go figure.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom