London Game - Anyone else going? (1 Viewer)

Dart

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
Since we now know that tickets for the Saints-Chargers game go on sale next Tuesday, I want to know if anyone else is planning to go? I've got a couple of Chargers friends from the States who are planning to come over for it, so I'm particularly interested to see if any the exceptionally dedicated US-based Saints fans are planning on crossing the Atlantic to support the Black&Gold!

I'm still waiting to hear word from the Saints organization about packages or tickets being offered to season ticket holders. Has anyone heard anything?

You'd be going from a city with some of the best food to a city with some of the worst.

I'm one of those trying to get club tickets on Tuesday, but even though I am a die hard Saints fan, I'm not US based

Does anyone know how much the tickets will cost on average? Similar to U.S. game pices or are they ridiculously overpriced due to the fact that it is Europe's sole game?

I'll be getting tickets too...but I'm already over here.

I'm not going to bother with Club Wembley, but I've entered the lottery and if I don't get them there I will get them from somewhere. Ebay or wherever, but I have been planning to go to see the Saints in my head for ages and as soon as it was possible I was going to go (maybe 2 or 3 years) but now they are coming to Wembley about an hour's flight away I would be so annoyed if I'm not there.

Thinking about it. It's tempting because I have a couple of friends who just moved to London, so I'd have a place to stay. Do you know the exact date of the game?

The San Diego Chargers and New Orleans Saints will play at Wembley Stadium on October 26, 2008

You'd be going from a city with some of the best food to a city with some of the worst.

Been to both cities. New Orleans has the edge, especially given value for money (and the current exchange rate), but there are plenty of superb restaurants in London. It has the highest concentration of the top 50 restaurants in Europe, and also the most michelin starred restaurants

Does anyone know how much the tickets will cost on average? Similar to U.S. game pices or are they ridiculously overpriced due to the fact that it is Europe's sole game?

The ones going on sale on Tuesday are club level seats. They will cost $250 (£125) per seat, plus a booking fee. These tickets are over-priced but increase people's chances of obtaining one. General tickets will go on sale later (in May) and cost between $90-$130 I believe

wait a second, how come nobody told me about a lottery? How do i get into this lottery? Is this the only way season ticket holders can obtain tix?

Somebody please let me know

The game is Oct 26. So far the only prices we have is that of the Club Seats (top priced tickets) which, as I said, gone on sale on Tuesday. They're £125.00 or $253.65 per ticket. I imagine most of the remaining tickets will be priced somewhere between £30-£50 (approx $60-$100). The problem for anyone not wanting to purchase club seats is that due to demand the 'official' line is that the stadium could be filled 6 times over. Since the majority of the tickets will be assigned via a lottery system that makes your chances of getting them uncertain to say the least.

Regarding the food in London, in much the same way as any large metropolis in the western world, you can find just about any cuisine to suit even the most discerning of palette, you just have to know where to look!

wait a second, how come nobody told me about a lottery? How do i get into this lottery? Is this the only way season ticket holders can obtain tix?

Somebody please let me know

I'm afraid the closing date for registering interest as passed. http://www.nfluk.com/games/register/holding.aspx
That was the only way to ensure your place in the lottery, but with something like 600,000 requests the chances of being part of the 90,000 crowd still aren't great. As the site says, there may be opportunities to purchase tickets later in the year, and there is always eBay!!

its pretty hard to get tickets and since the let you wait until may with an answer you havent much time to go another direction or to book atleast a flight or a trainticket ( and some day of holiday ) i hate the waitening and dont want to risk , visit london just trying to get an overpaid tick in front of the wembley

Hi Dragon, do you buy them directly from Wembley sales office? Is there a website?

rgds

No I registered for the lottery and answered yes when they asked if I were interested in Club Wembley seats. They sent me a special access code, which I will have to use when trying to buy tickets on Tuesday. If I fail, my entry will automatically go back into the lottery. I know the tickets are expensive, but I rather pay extra to get club seats, than pay a scalper the same amount of money for a ticket that might be a fake.

Just a heads up to those wanting to buy tickets on Ebay, NFLUK wrote that any tickets that are found on Ebay WILL be cancelled, so even if you get the ticket you might not be able to use it.

The actual tickets are sold by ticketmaster but as I said you need an access code to buy

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom