London Game Confirmed For October 1 (1 Viewer)

can't wait!!
Thanks for sharing the info

Lmao. Soon as I clicked on this thread...I got the notification from my saints app on my phone. Haha. I would love to go to Europe Saints game one day.

Any recommendations on where to stay? BDM

BDM, when we went in 08 we stayed at very nice Marriott in Maida Vale on the main tube line between Central London and Wembley. Neighborhood was nice enough with pubs and restaurants, close to Abbey Road Studios if youre a Beatles kind a guy.

But once we got there and I realized how spread out London was yet how efficient and easy the Tube system was, realized we could've stayed anywhere so now looking more in Kensington, Chelsea, Hyde Park area if for nothing else to explore other areas of the city we didn't get to spend much time in the first time....along with going back and redoing a lot of touristy stuff as well (Westminster, British Museum, et.al.)

BDM, when we went in 08 we stayed at very nice Marriott in Maida Vale on the main tube line between Central London and Wembley. Neighborhood was nice enough with pubs and restaurants, close to Abbey Road Studios if youre a Beatles kind a guy.

But once we got there and I realized how spread out London was yet how efficient and easy the Tube system was, realized we could've stayed anywhere so now looking more in Kensington, Chelsea, Hyde Park area if for nothing else to explore other areas of the city we didn't get to spend much time in the first time....along with going back and redoing a lot of touristy stuff as well (Westminster, British Museum, et.al.)

Good advice. I am moving to Germany next month so the wife and I are planning a weekend getaway to London for the game. Should be fun!

I stayed at JW Marriott in Hyde Park (Grosvenor House). It was a really cool hotel. Also, just by chance, it happened to be the same hotel the Saints stayed at. Got to meet some players in the lobby.

Make sure you hit the Green Man Pub on game day. Cool place and walking distance to Wembley. Cask ale is delicious.

Looking forward to this in a big way.

Wembley game 2008/9
Saints SB Winners 2009/10

Wembley game 2017/18
Saints SB winners 2018/19?

More than possible with another 2 good drafts and the D improving as this season went on. Drew maybe in his last year.... stars aligning!!

Any recommendations on where to stay? BDM

we all stayed in the generator hostel last time. its a cheaper option but you can have private rooms with bath. its fairly central in london but wembley is out far from the center. the great thing was they have a bar thats open later than the pubs outside and the place was filled with football fans from all over europe.

https://generatorhostels.com/en/destinations/london/

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom