London trip (1 Viewer)

Bourbon

We're crab people now Dee
Reaction score
Anyone find good air fare? Team hotel?

i haven't had a chance to look extensively yet, but the cheapest airfare i've seen so far was in the $950 range roundtrip. i guess we will find out more details on the hotel after the official announcement on friday.

Piece of advice for you guys.

When looking at hotels avoid the centre as they are extremely expensive. Hotels around Wembley will cost you approx $100 and your only 10/15 minutes away on the tube to centre.

If you don't want to stay around Wembley it doesn't particularly matter whereabouts you stay in London as the tube has excellent coverage, you can buy a day ticket for approx $12 where you can go anywhere(and as many jounrey's as you like). So don't pay extra for a 'central' location as isn't difficult to get there(and much cheaper).

oh man I wish...I did talk with my wife and i didnt get the "no"....What I got was "do what you gotta do", Which I think is worse than No. But she made a valid point that I have family in Switzerland and it wouldnt look to good to my mom and them if I went to London for 4 days for a Saints game, but can never seem to make it over there. Juggling that. But man, just thinking about it....Man U, Liverpool or Fulham game on a Sat and Saints on Sun. Dream come true there....I guess a man can dream...

oh man I wish...I did talk with my wife and i didnt get the "no"....What I got was "do what you gotta do", Which I think is worse than No. But she made a valid point that I have family in Switzerland and it wouldnt look to good to my mom and them if I went to London for 4 days for a Saints game, but can never seem to make it over there. Juggling that. But man, just thinking about it....Man U, Liverpool or Fulham game on a Sat and Saints on Sun. Dream come true there....I guess a man can dream...

This is a one off dude. Go for it, seriously go for it. Women & no disrespect to them just dont get these sort of things. You can visit the family before or after the weekend. Just do it!!! Thank me later.
Yes I too will be at Wembley if Wembley it is.

Hi,

I live in Manchester England and i have some information that might be of use to my fellow saints fans.

If you are looking into somewhere that is cheap but very nice to stay on your trip over i suggest you look into a Travelodge hotel.

They are very cheap and prices range from £19.00 a night up to £90.00. However, dont let the price fool you, the facilities are great and i have slept many times in a travelodge when i am traveling 300 miles for the Speedway in Wales. They are great and if you are coming over i seriously suggest looking into purchasing a couple of nights at travelodge.

However i dont live near London (I live over 400 miles away up North In manchester) So i dont know which one is closer to Wembley, but here is a useful site:

http://www.travelodge.co.uk/find_a_hotel/?map=r4_c3#searchbox They are the hotels in and Around London. You will have to ask members on the forum that live near London which one is closest to Wembley Stadium.

Hope this helps my fellow Saints fans,

Regards,

Lee (Manchester, England)

We're waiting to see what sort of packages are offered to season ticket holders, but we're seriously in talks with at least 10 members of my family to make the trip. I hope it all works out.

Does anyone know if the packages for season ticket holders will include airfare? I want to book while prices are low but if there's something better coming I'll wait.

At a wild guess I would say the Travelodge Wembley is closest to Wembley.
http://www.travelodge.co.uk/find_a_hotel/hotel/hotel_id/309/Wembley

Hi Zorro37.

I think it could well be, however if it is the closet to Wembley you will have to pay more with it being closer to the Event.

Last year a few of my friends went down and stayed in different hotels around London and if i can remember correctly i think my friend that stayed in London payed an average of £50.00 more than the others did around London.... Also he said the transport was horrible, he said it was hard to get to, tube was heaving.

Hope this helps,

UK Saints Fan.

Doing a google search, I found out that London has a team called the Saints. How perfect. Check out their site: http://www.londonsaints.com/

Haha, no they are Southampton(on the South Coast of England) fans who live in London. Saints are the nickname of Southampton Football Club(they are in the division below the Premier League).

Someone for you to follow though :hihi:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom