Lone Saint fan (1 Viewer)

Well there are some that i see here ,but they are kinda rude and dont seem to know much about the team. I had to tell one guy to sit down the other day so me and my girlfriend could see . After one first down he was up again and we had to move.

I see you live in "H-town". Are you referring to Houston or somewhere in La like Hammond?

If you live in Houston, head over to Woodrow's on Sundays. We have the entire 2nd floor tuned to nothing but Saints games and the crowd is usually pretty friendly. I don't know every single person, so I definitely can't speak for everyone, but it's the best "bar" environment I've been in for actually watching a game.

As for the people who get down when the team doesn't do well, that's every sports team, man. We all have them, but some of the people I've met (such as Skymike who posted on this thread) have been sticking with the team for a long time now (and I mean really really long:ezbill: ).

See this thread for more info.
http://saintsreport.com/forums/showthread.php?t=777&highlight=houston+saints+fans

A true Saints fan would never flame another.

happens on here all the time, if you dont agree with some others..you get torched!

But on a serious note, my brother and I are all alone in Seahawk country... and we battle them constantly... up until the last 2 years... there were no hawk fans to battle...now theres TONS OF THEM that have been fans thier whole lives !! LOL

Last edited:
Thats me , I just dont mix well with other Saints fans, is it because Im from tx? I grew up in Crowley and have been a Saints fan for almost 30 years, but when i am around most fans I dont click with them. I dont want to seem like i am better, thats not what i mean at all .but most the fans i am around dont even watch the game and they are quick to give up when the team struggles. I know i will probably get flamed but i am used to being The Lone Saints Fan.

Hey....I know the conversation has moved on but I still want to put my two cents in on this.

I have the same problem, I actually became a Saints fan while living in Germany. When I got to the states and started watching the Saints at sports bars I couldn't believe how whiny a lot of the saints fans were. Especially New Orleans natives. I think it becomes something that Saints fans pick up from years of growing up watching thier father throw stuff at the TV, as well as a cultural thing....water cooler talk "can you believe the coach did this?", the guy at the convenience store "god how bad are our saints" etc etc. It's a cycle that can only be broken with W's. Dr. Payton is in.

BTW (this is the edit)
I also notice that most of the whiny fans I meet, no longer live in New Orleans.......I often wonder if the locals are kicking out the whiners. Guys?

You should try it over here in Ireland. Only one other person i work with follows NFL. Shes from Philadelphia so you know who she follows. Everybody over here follows English soccer like Man Utd or Liverpool & claim to be experts on it. Most of these people dont even bother following soccer in Ireland, they wouldnt even be that bothered going to see their local teams!! So talking at work or to most of my friends about NFL is like trying to show a dog a card trick.
Random quote the other week when i told a guy i work with i saw New Orleans play on yv the other night, "Whats New Orleans nickname?" I said the Saints & he goes "Oh of course".
I have one other friend who follows NFL seriously & we keep in contact about it, he follows the Bears. Its like this, follow & support ALL your team ALL the time.

LOL you think you've got it bad.....................I live in Jacksonville, NC. I'm 4 hours from Charlotte. The verbal bashing I take every Sun is what I live for. I have a routine. On Sunday, I put on my Deuce jersey, get in my car with my Saints antennae ball, and go get my weekly military haircut. Then I come home and turn on the air pump for my GIANT Saints inflatable player on my front lawn. All of my neighbors, and I mean all of them, are die hard Panthers fans. Every season starts with the Saints are going to the bowl comments. Win or lose, I could care less, everyone around here knows who I support.

Sounds like you may be a "jarhead"? Camp Lejeune? I was stationed there for awhile.

Thanks for the support im just glad i can stay in and watch them this weekend. I was not trying to be negative about fellow Saints fans my padnas in Crowley are the coolest people i know ,I just wish i was there thats all .

HEY! IRAYBLU! (knock knock knock!) are you in Houston? get out and hang with the boys! (and cute girls) ....ir you're not close to Woodrows, there's a Saints bar near you, I guarantee.... Big Johns on Wilcrest is also good, so is Nicks (this place almost WON the HouDat headquartering---its great!) on Westheimer, and Time out 2 in Clear Lake on El Dorado....

and remember to send me subliminal yelling and karma rays up to my seat in the Terrace. I'll be in that crowd raising hell against the 49ers...

BEAT-------------THOSE------------------9'ERS!!!!-----------------------

Hey skymike have fun down there i will be in Corpus for a gig so i will have to find somewhere down there to watch.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom