Lone Saint fan (1 Viewer)

lrayblu

Banned
Reaction score
Thats me , I just dont mix well with other Saints fans, is it because Im from tx? I grew up in Crowley and have been a Saints fan for almost 30 years, but when i am around most fans I dont click with them. I dont want to seem like i am better, thats not what i mean at all .but most the fans i am around dont even watch the game and they are quick to give up when the team struggles. I know i will probably get flamed but i am used to being The Lone Saints Fan.

Don't feel bad, I'm living in CO right now and I'm the only Saints fan at the sports bar I go to. I have however made several friends there though.

Well there are some that i see here ,but they are kinda rude and dont seem to know much about the team. I had to tell one guy to sit down the other day so me and my girlfriend could see . After one first down he was up again and we had to move.

If you don't get on with your parents, wife and pet dog either .... well, maybe it could be you?????

I am a foreigner living in London. My experience is that no matter where you are from or what you look like, sound like, as long as you are a Saints fan you are OK.

But I must admit there are a lot of "quitters" and "boo-birds". I guess that creeps into your soul after losing for 40 odd years. I take a different view. I even supported A Brooks and wanted him to win.

You are not a lone SAINTS fan, there are about 70,000 of us in the dome on most Sundays.

Back when I was a freshman in college (the 2000 season), my family and friends knew to leave me alone during Saints games, especially when things got dicey. It's as if I was telepathically willing them to win and people distracting me would make them lose. Well, that and the fact I swore like it was going out of style probably helped keep everyone away from me.

So I kinda know the feeling.

I'm one of few Saints fans in my area. But I love telling people my team is the Saints. They always get a weird look on their face. Then they usually start chanting E A G L E S Eagles....urg I hate that chant.

I have converted my girlfriend (fiance in a week) into a Saints fan.

I'm one of few Saints fans in my area. But I love telling people my team is the Saints. They always get a weird look on their face. Then they usually start chanting E A G L E S Eagles....urg I hate that chant.

I have converted my girlfriend (fiance in a week) into a Saints fan.

Congrats! I hope she says yes!

Back when I was a freshman in college (the 2000 season), my family and friends knew to leave me alone during Saints games, especially when things got dicey. It's as if I was telepathically willing them to win and people distracting me would make them lose. Well, that and the fact I swore like it was going out of style probably helped keep everyone away from me.

So I kinda know the feeling.

I know about the willing them to win thing. I will not sit by and let someone give up on our team during the game. I don't care what the score is. I never give up!

Thats me , I just dont mix well with other Saints fans, is it because Im from tx? I grew up in Crowley and have been a Saints fan for almost 30 years, but when i am around most fans I dont click with them. I dont want to seem like i am better, thats not what i mean at all .but most the fans i am around dont even watch the game and they are quick to give up when the team struggles. I know i will probably get flamed but i am used to being The Lone Saints Fan.

A true Saints fan would never flame another.

When Casey and I were 1st dating, I told her I like football, and she said, "Oh, who do you root for, the Cowboys?" (funny look on my face) "No, unfortunately I love the New Orleans Saints." (funny look on her face) "Who?" "Yeah, I know, my team sux, but I cant help it, they're my team. (understanding look on her face--but I dont think she had ever heard of the Saints) "But, you know? There are 2 great things about being a Saints fan, actually three" (she smiles cutely) "Ok?" "1. We dont really expect to ever win, so if you lose, its no big whoop.... 2. Even when we DO lose, YOU'RE IN NEW ORLEANS, so youre having fun.... 3. Our colors are black and SHINY gold!---so you get to wear cool outfits! (cute smile)

Now she can name most of the players, she keeps up with our division opponents, and she runs around wearing SHINY GOLD stuff!

Last edited:
LOL you think you've got it bad.....................I live in Jacksonville, NC. I'm 4 hours from Charlotte. The verbal bashing I take every Sun is what I live for. I have a routine. On Sunday, I put on my Deuce jersey, get in my car with my Saints antennae ball, and go get my weekly military haircut. Then I come home and turn on the air pump for my GIANT Saints inflatable player on my front lawn. All of my neighbors, and I mean all of them, are die hard Panthers fans. Every season starts with the Saints are going to the bowl comments. Win or lose, I could care less, everyone around here knows who I support.

Also occasionaly around here the very casual football fan will say "and they are from what city?" Now that does drive me nuts.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom