TV Long anticipated Deadwood movie finally greenlit by HBO (1 Viewer)

I've decided to bump this thread. People that are fans of westerns and have a sense of humor should see the above video. It's pretty brilliant.

It is adult so again not NSFW.

Not trying to promote my post just a cool short film.

I'm glad to be just getting into the series. I was looking for something to tide me over till Power and Atlanta return. I'll finish Boardwalk Empire after Deadwood.
I'm looking forward to the movie

I know there are just a few of us that appreciate Deadwood on this board.

David Milch had just two hours to wrap up his series.

Great movie.

Per IMDB

"Al's suggestion that Sol run for office is based in historical fact. The real Sol Star served as Deadwood's mayor from 1884 to 1898. He also served in the South Dakota House of Representatives and the state senate. The show takes some liberties with Sol's history, however. In reality he had been mayor for over four years when South Dakota became a state. He also never married. "

As someone who as watched the 3 original seasons many many times. If for no other reason, I enjoyed the dialog more than any show I've watched on T.V. Every time I rewatched it, I picked up on something new. First off. I did enjoy the movie. It was a bit of a trip to quickly realize how much time has gone by. How the characters have aged. I may need to rewatch the movie a few times. because it seemed to me, there were a few times, where the dialog felt to me like someone who was trying to write LIKE David Milch. Like they were trying but sometimes failed to make the mark. Or maybe the actors were a bit out of touch with their characters and failed to deliver lines like they should or could have. I know that David Milch has the onset of Alzheimers. I wonder if he wrote all the dialog, or was there help etc. This is all a very nit picky thought. It just comes from someone who very much enjoyed the original series, and wished it had gone on for years. The way David Milch used to write those episodes.. constantly changing directions and dialog it was such a treat.

Per IMDB

"Al's suggestion that Sol run for office is based in historical fact. The real Sol Star served as Deadwood's mayor from 1884 to 1898. He also served in the South Dakota House of Representatives and the state senate. The show takes some liberties with Sol's history, however. In reality he had been mayor for over four years when South Dakota became a state. He also never married. "

This is the website to find out what was real and fiction for anyone interested:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom