Long for an entry level job offshore on a rig (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
Looking for an entry level job offshore on a rig

Im looking to get my foot in the door on an offshore rig but I'm clueless as to where I should start. I worked offshore on a ship in 2001 and 2006 between semesters at college but I'd really like to work on a rig.

I'm in the process of getting my TWIC card right now. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Are you looking to work outside as a roustabout etc. or inside as a BR hand/cook type of position? Have to be able to pass a drug screen.

If you're looking for an outside position, which pays more, google offshore drilling contractors. Some of them are Hercules Offshore, Rowan Drilling and Ensco Drilling. There is also Nabors and Blake.

There are numerous service companies that have hands on offshore rigs on a regular basis. I'd try the yellow pages or Google. Good luck!

Are you looking to work outside as a roustabout etc. or inside as a BR hand/cook type of position? Have to be able to pass a drug screen.

If you're looking for an outside position, which pays more, google offshore drilling contractors. Some of them are Hercules Offshore, Rowan Drilling and Ensco Drilling. There is also Nabors and Blake.

There are numerous service companies that have hands on offshore rigs on a regular basis. I'd try the yellow pages or Google. Good luck!

Thanks!

Im looking to get my foot in the door on an offshore rig but I'm clueless as to where I should start. I worked offshore on a ship in 2001 and 2006 between semesters at college but I'd really like to work on a rig.

I'm in the process of getting my TWIC card right now. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
hey man dont know bout offshore, but check out Kirby marine online. they interview in Baton Rouge send for piss test pass it send you to 2 weeks training in houston (paid and put up at scvhooll dorm) pass school and you will be on an intercoastal tug or seagoing fuel barge. GOOD LUCK!

hey man dont know bout offshore, but check out Kirby marine online. they interview in Baton Rouge send for piss test pass it send you to 2 weeks training in houston (paid and put up at scvhooll dorm) pass school and you will be on an intercoastal tug or seagoing fuel barge. GOOD LUCK!

I just applied. Thanks!

im thinking of going the same route, I just graduated from college and cant find anything in my field. What is a good position to start in.

I would look at service companies. Schlumberger, Haliburton, Oceaneering, C-Innovation. What's your degree in?

radiologic technology, X-ray
Look up inspection companies a lot of them do weld x-rays. I know it's not the same thing but there might be enough of a connection for a new career path.

A recruiting fair to fill immediate job opening in the offshore oil and gas industry will be held Saturday, Aug. 25, for Oceaneering International Inc.
The event, which is being coordinated by the Louisiana Workforce Commission's St. Mary Business and Career Solutions Center, will be held from 9 a.m. to noon at the Holiday Inn, 520 Roderick St., Morgan City.
Oceaneering is seeking to hire workers for positions in the areas of non-destructive testing (NDT) and remote operator vehicles (ROV), technicians, warehouse operations, as well as onshore/offshore positions including riggers, galley hands and deckhands. The company offers growth in an exciting field and the opportunity to work on world-class projects, along with a comprehensive, competitive benefits package.
Interested job seekers who cannot attend the event may still apply by faxing a résumé to 985-329-3529 for consideration. For more information on the recruiting fair, please contact Darian Breaux, Recruiting Supervisor for Oceaneering at 985-329-3237.
Oilfield Services Company Holding Job Fair | KATC.com | Acadiana-Lafayette, Louisiana

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom