Long post about draft wishes (1 Viewer)

Hagzilla, I feel very comfortable with any of the 3 linebackers in the first round. All have different qualities and it depends on what the staff wants in order to see which will be better for the team. I see Queen mainly as a WILL, Murray as a MIKE and Baun as a SAM.

The only other player I would love for us to pick is McKinney, and maybe even Delpit. But word here between many fellow members who are LSU fans is that Delpit may be to inconsistent for us.

As a versatile TE/FB, take a look at A.J. Dillon, the guy is a monster and can play either running or full back.

Finally, about Eason, I saw Todd McShay and Louis Riddick discussing him after the combine and both have heard that his interviews with teams were terrible. It didn't seemed that the guy understood the importance of those interviews and his disposition was not ideal. If true, I don't think he will be a prospect for us.

Guillermo, you just made me an A.J. Dillion fan with those highlights. Can he make it to our pick in the Third Round.
I definitely want A.J. Dillion but not until our Fourth Round pick.

A different direction I see the front office going is to draft Eason with the 24th pick, I think he is the best qb prospect in this draft.
I will not be surprised if the Saints pick Jordan Love or Jonathan Taylor with their 1st round pick.

I will have to buy a new TV if any of these happen. They are trying to win a Super Bowl THIS year and a QB isn't likely to help them do that. Taylor can run, but I don't care for his negatives. I also think there are better backs in this draft (and all of them should be available at #24), but I don't want one in the first round.

I will have to buy a new TV if any of these happen. They are trying to win a Super Bowl THIS year and a QB isn't likely to help them do that. Taylor can run, but I don't care for his negatives. I also think there are better backs in this draft (and all of them should be available at #24), but I don't want one in the first round.

Richard, I got to confess that I like Taylor, but it would be a surprise to take him.

Guillermo, you just made me an A.J. Dillion fan with those highlights. Can he make it to our pick in the Third Round.
I definitely want A.J. Dillion but not until our Fourth Round pick.

I am not sure until what round he may be available. Kelton Moore was previously discussed in the forum and is a similar player.

Richard, I got to confess that I like Taylor, but it would be a surprise to take him.

The guy is a beast but he already has a lot of tread on his tires with almost 1000 carries in three college years. Ultimately, I just don't like taking running backs in the first round.

I am aligned with you, however ask yourself this...if this is Drew’s last year or maybe even next year, don’t you want the the future qb to study under him for a year or so. Eason is easily a top 10 talent, maybe even top 5.

I’ve made threads about Dillon and Kelton Moore in the past few months, and either would be welcomed additions... of course Dillon is the prize of the 2. Kelton Moore could go undrafted.
I also like Josiah Deguara as a late round add that could play a hybrid TE/FB/H-back role.

I wouldn’t put it past the Saints to grab Swift at 24. If that were to happen, you could expect to see both Kamara and Swift see snaps at WR... especially Kamara.
With CMAC getting record $$$ and Kamara entering his contract season, Swift becomes a more realistic option for the Saints now

Speaking of RBs, Saints might be interested in Dobbins.

I am not sure until what round he may be available. Kelton Moore was previously discussed in the forum and is a similar player.

I think the size speed of the NFL might eat up Moore. He's a hoss

I think we are still 2-3 players away from having a team that can win it all.

We have a very good team, but the results of the last 3 seasons have shown us we don’t have the right horses when it is all on the line.

The players that I would like to see added before the season are....

1) dynamic defensive player in the front 7
2) offensive playmaker
3) blocking TE/WR/FB

1) On defense, it seems as if we can’t get off the field at times especially in two-minute situations. We are missing that surge of pressure and nastiness from the front 7 that can flip the momentum of a game. Rankins and Davenport have shown flashes of that but they can’t seem to stay healthy. We need to find a LB or Edge player who can cover and run with rb’s and te’s and also provide some pressure off the edge. Unless we can move up for Simmons and Chaisson, I think we need to trade back into the second and acquire more picks. I don’t believe Queen, Murray or Braun are first round talent. Out of the three, I prefer Braun the most, who I think will be available in the mid-second round.

2) If we don’t move from the 24th pick, and we still need to add a WR2 not named Emanuel Sanders, then we should draft Tee Higgins. Higgins would be an instant mismatch with his size and speed. If we don’t acquire a second round pick, I would like for the saints to move up from the third and pick up either Dobbins or Helaire-Edwards. Both backs Can contribute to the rush and passing game from Day 1. Nice insurance to have for Kamara and Murray.

3) We have been missing that key blocker for a couple of seasons now. Hoomanawanui was great when he was here, Coleman was key with downfield blocks, Line was good too but limited to coming out of the backfield. I think there is really only one player in this draft that fits this mold, Devin Asiasi out of UCLA. I think we can get him in the later rounds.

With these three roles/positions filled I think we become a complete team. Do I think we need more depth at OL and CB of course, but I think the starting talent is good enough there to get us to the championship.

A different direction I see the front office going is to draft Eason with the 24th pick, I think he is the best qb prospect in this draft.

Who Dat!

1) dynamic defensive player in the front 7 ✔️
2) offensive playmaker✔️
3) blocking TE/WR/FB✔️

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom