Long-term deal (1 Viewer)

Section41

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
Now that we are all pretty sure that the State will keep its commitment to the Saints (and Hornets) in the short-term, is there any news at all on a LONG-TERM deal to keep the Saints in the city past the 2010 season?

All this LA-stadium ready for 2011 stuff has really got me worried. You cannot negotiate a long-term deal during the season. Are there no talks going on now? Does no one else realize that we only have two more offseasons until the Saints themselves are free-agents?

I don't want to walk into the Dome for the NFC Championship game in January 2011 knowing that this might be the last game in the history of New Orleans Saints. We cannot allow this situation to progress into the Saints' contract year or else the national media will pounce and Benson will turn right back into old Benson as fast as you can say "Phil Hardberger."

I hope Jindal knows that this is really important. If our Sports teams leave you can expect New Orleans to lose complete control and Louisiana will = LOUSYana. Last one to leave Louisiana please turn off the lights.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom