Long term Saints and Hornets deal "a priority" (1 Viewer)

champ76

Subscribing Member
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Didn't see this posted yet:

"With his official swearing in Thursday at the Louisiana Stadium and Exposition District, Chairman Ron Foreman is now the man in charge of addressing those issues. "The governor has reached out and said, 'this is an important asset to our state and we're gonna work together.' This is a priority," Foreman told WWL First News.

He says the plan is to lock both teams into long-term deals and to keep them both from leaving. Foreman says, "If you start losing professional teams like the Saints and the Hornets it sends the wrong message that maybe you're not the world class city that you think you are."

Foreman says it's important to start negotiations quickly and look ten to twenty years down the road.

Foreman says Jindal sees sports as a key part to the state's future. "He wants a big vision. He wants to articulate a vision that works in Louisiana being a sports center, one of the tops in the country.""
http://wwl.com/Long-term-Saints-and-Hornets-deal--a-priority-/1702556

Man...thats great news to hear. I often wonder about my life without the Saints...literally i'd have to change my lifestyle. I have a 1 year old son, and I want nothing more than to take him to games.

This is why Jindal should have won the last governors race.

I used to know Ron pretty well. He is a great guy, always looking out for the city. Glad he's in charge of this

People need to get to those Hornets games. I need to try and get back for a few

I'm driving in from Alabama to watch the Hornets-Jazz game next Friday. I challenge all able members here to do the same.

It looks like the right people are in charge to lock the Saints up long term....now lets get it done!

I didn't realize Ron was in city service now - that's great to hear.

I am much more confident in the likelihood of things getting worked out with the state and our sports franchises now that I know he's in the mix.

People need to get to those Hornets games. I need to try and get back for a few

I went to the game on Wednesday and it was rather full. They still had a substantial amount of seats unoccupied but it was mostly up in the nosebleed sections. I expect the game tonight to be one of the higher attendance games this season.

All good news -- cause if the city cannot support a winning team like the hornets no one will ever give us a second look in the future

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom