Saints Longest TD passes by A.B. (Brooks) (1 Viewer)

Easily the most physically gifted QB we've ever had. Played for a coach and an overall regime that didn't really promote the team concept, though.

Brees has proven the heart can indeed be more valuable than the arm.

I always thought that AB would have flourished with a great offensive coaching staff (Iike SP and Carmichal)....they would have played to his strengths and corrected his repeated mistakes....Haslett was such a inept HC and not much better as a DC....

The backward pass didn't help his reputation, either. I still can't figure out what in the world he was thinking.

He was thinking it was 3rd and 10 I'm about to get sacked let me flip it to Duece. The problem was it wasn't Duece back there but Wayne Gandy.

That game was crazy. Brooks even managed to complete a pass to himself that game.

I always thought that AB would have flourished with a great offensive coaching staff (Iike SP and Carmichal)....they would have played to his strengths and corrected his repeated mistakes....Haslett was such a inept HC and not much better as a DC....

I think about QBs of the past and how they'd fare in modern offenses. Brooks would probably be really good in today's game. Just imagine Brooks playing in the Texans offense today. AB wouldn't be the running threat that Watson is but I could see him putting up similar passing numbers.

I'd love to see Randall Cunningham running the Kansas City offense of today. Or Steve McNair in Dallas. What if Steve Young played for these modern Bucs instead of the hapless Creamsicles? As great as Lamar Jackson is I can't help but wonder what Vick would've done in that offense.

I miss seeing what those sky high deep bombs look like. Taysom can hoist it too like that. Just seeing the ball leave the field of vision is awesome.

A.B. was the greatest QB the Saints had ever had and also the worst QB the Saints had ever had. Sometimes in the same game.

I think about QBs of the past and how they'd fare in modern offenses. Brooks would probably be really good in today's game. Just imagine Brooks playing in the Texans offense today. AB wouldn't be the running threat that Watson is but I could see him putting up similar passing numbers.

I'd love to see Randall Cunningham running the Kansas City offense of today. Or Steve McNair in Dallas. What if Steve Young played for these modern Bucs instead of the hapless Creamsicles? As great as Lamar Jackson is I can't help but wonder what Vick would've done in that offense.
Randall Cunningham was a great dual-threat QB in a time where aggressive, nasty dominant defenses could get away with far more then defenses do, today. But Buddy Ryan was both a curse and a blessing to late 80's Eagles: he made the defense better but in doing so, he ignored just how potent of an offensive juggernaut he had in Cunningham, and Ryan's Eagles did win. Just not in the postseason and it's because he didn't hire a competent OC and allowed him to develop Randall into the maximum weapon he really was, like he showed he could be later on in Minnesota. Randall would be an even greater dual-threat QB today, but same problem persists: would he ever get a competent OC or HC who truly recognized his potential and build their offenses up effectively or just a mediocre, decent OC who tells him that to win games, he needs to make 4-5 great plays a game like Buddy did.

Steve McNair would've had a better career, statistically, if he played today. I think with the right team, I could imagine McNair ending up with about the total career passing yards Matt Ryan has now: a little over 50,000. Which I guess puts him in the borderline future HOF discussion.

Philip Rivers probably won't be a first ballot HOF like Eli will, but his career passing numbers and his career longevity are just too much to ignore.

What Vick would show up though? The dazzling, one-man and a team QB who made fools out of opposing DBs, LBs, DLs. CBs, but was an disinterested, moody teammate who never really tried to be a team leader among fellow players off-field in the locker room, or never took weekly QB position meetings or HC discussions that seriously in Atlanta or the newer, totally coachable more pocket passer who could throw more accurately and be as effective passing as well as running or scrambling that appeared in Philly in 2010?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom