Lonzo Ball (1 Viewer)

saintbilly25

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I can’t figure out what he is good at. He’s a bad shooter, which is an improvement from being the horrendous shooter he was with LA. All he does is stand behind the 3 point line and never looks to drive or penetrate. I always heard he was a great passer, but all he does is pass it around the perimeter, which is ineffective because the D just sags off of him and clogs up the lane. Maybe he’ll be good at throwing lobs to Zion when he gets healthy, but I don’t see him throwing them to Ingram or Hayes. He was a great prospect coming out of UCLA. Why? Am I missing something?

After seeing him over the past several months, I think you may have a different opinion today. :scratch:
Absolutely! He is finally showing the potential that I heard, but wasn’t sure that he had. I can say now that he is the perfect point guard, with continued improvement, for the future of the Pelicans. This was not my best take, that’s for sure. But not my worst either....I thought Ed O was a bad hire for LSU.

Last edited:
His game has plenty of holes... too risky with the ball, doesn't finish at the basket very well, not a great shooter...However, he is a big guard and plays good defense and has worked to improve his shooting. He's still quite a young player.

He is shooting 35% from behind the line....pretty damned good for someone who just learned proper shooting form this past offseason

he needs to do better finishing at the rim. one thing I will say is after seeing his willingness to work and change to make his shot better, I think he has the work ethic to continue to improve dramatically

He is shooting 35% from behind the line....pretty damned good for someone who just learned proper shooting form this past offseason

he needs to do better finishing at the rim. one thing I will say is after seeing his willingness to work and change to make his shot better, I think he has the work ethic to continue to improve dramatically

He at least needs to be more aggressive driving to the basket.plus more tines at the line shiukd help his FT %

His game has plenty of holes... too risky with the ball, doesn't finish at the basket very well, not a great shooter...However, he is a big guard and plays good defense and has worked to improve his shooting. He's still quite a young player.
This.

Whoever they got to train him on his shooting needs a raise because he's improved greatly over past years.

I went to the Memphis game. Great overall game and he shot very well. I didn't see the Rockets game though. Apparently turnovers were an issue again, as they were in the Memphis game. He's too darn risky with the ball. The Pels under Gentry have always had turnover problems. I guess it has something to do with the aggression and pace the offense is coached to have. I wish they would add smart to the top of the list, then aggressive and fast.

Lonzo is a great passer but without chemistry you are going to have a lot of turnovers

I went to the Memphis game. Great overall game and he shot very well. I didn't see the Rockets game though. Apparently turnovers were an issue again, as they were in the Memphis game. He's too darn risky with the ball. The Pels under Gentry have always had turnover problems. I guess it has something to do with the aggression and pace the offense is coached to have. I wish they would add smart to the top of the list, then aggressive and fast.
They do have some turnovers from pushing it up the floor too quickly, but also quite a few buckets that way. Those are OK because they are risk/reward. So many turnovers are from lack of concentration, like dribbling it off their leg/feet, bobbling and dropping the ball, and throwing lazy passes. Those should be easily correctable. The coach has to hold them accountable though if it continues.

They do have some turnovers from pushing it up the floor too quickly, but also quite a few buckets that way. Those are OK because they are risk/reward. So many turnovers are from lack of concentration, like dribbling it off their leg/feet, bobbling and dropping the ball, and throwing lazy passes. Those should be easily correctable. The coach has to hold them accountable though if it continues.
You're right. The turnovers from mental errors are easily the more frustrating.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Twitter

Back
    Top Bottom