Look Ahead to 2017 - Opponents (1 Viewer)

clintjr23

Super Bowl Bound
VIP Subscribing Member
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Lets take an early look at our opponents for 2017. This is assuming we finish 3rd in our division, but for arguments sake, I will list the 3rd and 4th place teams in the other NFC divisions.

I'm not looking for predictions, cause that is a waste of time. All of these teams will change over the next off-season. Some of these teams may be worse than they are now, some better.

I'd just like to know your first reaction when you see this list.

Home
ATL
TB
CAR
CHI
DET
NE
NYJ
PHI/WAS/NYG - NFCE 3rd or 4th place team

Away
ATL
TB
CAR
MIN
GB
BUF
MIA - London
LA/SF - NFCW 3rd or 4th place team

Our home schedule looks pretty manageable. I'd say 6-2 is not an unreasonable expectation. But that away schedule looks brutal, especially if we get GB and BUF later in the season.

So with next years opponents laid out, how do you feel about next years schedule?

Without the dates and times its hard to predict. GB and Buffalo probably wont be both in December but if they are and this team wants to win, they should be prepared.

That away schedule is not bad at all. The Division games are what they are. Cant get awya from those.

Miami might not be as good next year. Minnesota definitely wont if they rely on Bradford.
SF/LA doesnt matter.

GB is the only real threat on paper. We cant start out 0-3 again. 0-1 would be ok if we in our next 3 games.

Too early....but the bottom line is if the Saints can regain their swagger and dominance at home I can see a 10 win season at worst.

Very Similar to our 09 Schedule... Not bad.

A question about the London game, is there a chance kickoff may be at 6am Central time, or has the League officially moved back the usual London kickoff?

A question about the London game, is there a chance kickoff may be at 6am Central time, or has the League officially moved back the usual London kickoff?

If I remember correctly, the NFL said it was doing away with the early morning start times for London games. So our game in London should be a noon start here locally. Which would make it a 6pm kickoff time in London I think. Just like the SD game was in 08 I believe.

I'd just like to know your first reaction when you see this list.

Away

LA/SF - NFCW 3rd or 4th place team

So with next years opponents laid out, how do you feel about next years schedule?

I would be so happy if that was to happen, especially if the game was in Los Angeles. There would be a ton of us West Coast Who Dats at this game!

The road schedule is tougher.

@Minnesota.........the saints barely won this game in 2014 at home. The problem s Minnesota is built to stop the pass and they have a solid secondary and pass rush. Even Dallas with their great oline and the titans week 1 could not keep the game from being low scoring. Now let's not get into the well Brees is better than those QBs argument. He has not shown and this has been his weakness anyway.

@LA.........Greg W is still there and beating the rams in NO is different than LA. Again, solid defense and secondary despite their offense.

NE...........This would be a tough game but this is one of those "bat games" to overhype Brees and make him better than what he is.

Detroit........we already know here, Brees can't beat this pass rush.

@GB.......If Rodgers finishes where he could be leaving off, it's gonna be another close game where the better qb wins at home.

NYJ........I consider this a trap game.

@Buf.......I don't think we can run the ball and play defense for three Qs scoring a single 7 points and expect them to do nothing like in 09.

Washington.......This is likely the third place matchup and the history favors them. And Cousins is a rising qb who is going to pass Theisman.

And then there's the division games. Of course, we will sweep Atlanta as we usually do each year. It looks 4-2 at worst so it will be 5-1.

So it's going to be one of those "lucky" years for us but doubt anything happens deep in the postseason.

I see a bunch of games that I'd be interested in going to:

Buffalo is a 7 hour drive for me, something I've done before. I also lived there. Fans are cool. Weather would be a factor.

Jets in Nola: I live in Jersey, know plenty of Jets fans and might be able to make a group outing of this.

Giants/Philly in Nola: See Jets game rationale.

Patriots in Nola: I also lived in CT for a while and I hate that team and all their pompous fans.

In all likelihood, I'll only get to 1 game but there's a chance of 2. Whoooo

as it is now, wouldn't Carolina jump us for #3 in the NFC South since they've won the head to head?

as it is now, wouldn't Carolina jump us for #3 in the NFC South since they've won the head to head?

We split with them this year but as it stands, we're still ahead of them due to win percentage in common games (vs. NFC West, AFC West, Atlanta and Tampa Bay). Although we can still fall to 4th place since us and Carolina both play Atlanta and Tampa Bay again along with each another NFC team (Cardinals for us, Redskins for them).

We split with them this year but as it stands, we're still ahead of them due to win percentage in common games (vs. NFC West, AFC West, Atlanta and Tampa Bay). Although we can still fall to 4th place since us and Carolina both play Atlanta and Tampa Bay again along with each another NFC team (Cardinals for us, Redskins for them).

Yep, it's at the 4th tie breaker currently

1. head to head - split

2. Div. games - both teams are 1-3

3. Conf. games - both are 4-5

4. Common games.

The above said, I believe it will come down to division games if we are still tied at the end of the season. Both still have two
Div. games remaining.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom