Look at the RB's we face this year.... (2 Viewers)

LMAO at the lack of respect for Deangelo Williams...

I wouldn't call it disrespect. I would call it 20 rushes for 49 yards against the Saints in his last three games. One of those games came against our second string unit. His 2.4 yards per carry average would have ranked him 2nd to last in the NFL out of more than 100 backs that got 20 or more carries last year behind Clifton Dawson, the Colt's 4th string back who got the bulk of his carries in garbage time with a 2nd string offensive line.

You can call it disrespect or you can look at the stats.

after thinking about this I am certain that in in the draft we MUST stack up on DT or LB. If our front 7 is good enough thus year then our seconday can just guard against the pass and will without a doubt improve from last year when the safties led our team in tackles

Better back than Carnell??

if so, i hope he is a horrible back and Tampa fails miserably because of it

Cadillac Williams is garbage. He averaged 3.6 yards per carry over the last two seasons to go with his 4 TD's and that is when he was healthy. The guy broke a couple long runs in the first few games his rookie season that really inflated his stats. Since that time he has done nothing in the NFL.

Earnest Graham started 11 games last year and managed to at least get a 4ypc average to go with his 894 yards rushing and 10 TD's. He also managed to grab 49 catches for 324 yards which includes a 13 catch 99 yard game in week 7.

Cadillac Williams is garbage. He averaged 3.6 yards per carry over the last two seasons to go with his 4 TD's and that is when he was healthy. The guy broke a couple long runs in the first few games his rookie season that really inflated his stats. Since that time he has done nothing in the NFL.

Earnest Graham started 11 games last year and managed to at least get a 4ypc average to go with his 894 yards rushing and 10 TD's. He also managed to grab 49 catches for 324 yards which includes a 13 catch 99 yard game in week 7.

I wasn't trying to say one was better than the other. Was trying to state that their running backs all turn out horrible. Then their offense fails because of it.

But I kind of feel bad about saying it since I have no hatred towards Graham. I don't really want him to fail, but I still hope Tampa fails miserably :hihi:

I hate to say it, but I think Craft, Glenn, and Gay would be as good as any of the available corner backs in the draft in 2008. Obviously an upgrade is needed, but the value of the pick won't be seen next season. Neither will it be seen from Rivers at OLB. The Saints need an impact defensive lineman. If there is any way that they can trade up without giving up a first day pick, I would do it. Ellis or Dorsey would be the teams best DT hands down.

I wasn't trying to say one was better than the other. Was trying to state that their running backs all turn out horrible. Then their offense fails because of it.

But I kind of feel bad about saying it since I have no hatred towards Graham. I don't really want him to fail, but I still hope Tampa fails miserably :hihi:

Got ya and understand 100%.

agreed .. we wont play against the best QBs anyway, but in the playoffs we will need a consistent CB .. I dont know if we have it =/

Ltr0x,

I firmly believe we should have M.McKnezie back from his injury by the time we hit the playoffs at the back-end of the season. He is the best "shutdown" corner currently on the roster and, far and away, out shines any corner in this years draft. Which brings us back to the OP - we go after a quality DT in S.Ellis or G.Dorsey in this year's draft.

JustaCoastie

We will have to stop the run this year. I looked at the schedule when it came out and to stop the run is a must...

Seriously I'd be willing to trade a 1st an 3rd for Ellis and use a 2nd on Pat Simms. I don't think we have anything close to an elite cornerback, but with a good pass rush I think they will be more respectable.

Seriously I'd be willing to trade a 1st an 3rd for Ellis and use a 2nd on Pat Simms. I don't think we have anything close to an elite cornerback, but with a good pass rush I think they will be more respectable.
Supposedly Sims has some pretty signficant character concerns that could push him into the second day.

Supposedly Sims has some pretty signficant character concerns that could push him into the second day.

Ok lets say he'd drop to the 5th. Would you be willing to use 3 picks (on 2 players) to obtain 2 young DTs?

In this scenerio you could still grab a TE in the 2nd or a CB.

exactly!

I hate to say it, but I think Craft, Glenn, and Gay would be as good as any of the available corner backs in the draft in 2008. Obviously an upgrade is needed, but the value of the pick won't be seen next season. Neither will it be seen from Rivers at OLB. The Saints need an impact defensive lineman. If there is any way that they can trade up without giving up a first day pick, I would do it. Ellis or Dorsey would be the teams best DT hands down.

yea right..... please stop drinking the kool-aide. cason>craft cromartie>glenn mike jenkins>gay...... whole draft>david.

i agree id rather trade up and get Dorsey, jason craft is fast but cant cover, randall gay is at best a number 3 option and arron glenn is not aaron glenn anymore hes just a short old cornerback now. did u see him play in jax last year?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom