Look at the RB's we face this year.... (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
1 Sept. 7 Tampa Bay Buccaneers- Cadillac Williams
2 Sept. 14 at Washington Redskins Clinton Portis/Ladell Betts
3 Sept. 21 at Denver Broncos Travis Henry/always a good run offense
4 Sept. 28 San Francisco 49ers Frank Gore
5 Oct. 6 (Mon.) Minnesota Vikings Adrian Peterson
6 Oct. 12 Oakland Raiders Possibly McFadden
7 Oct. 19 at Carolina Panthers no one good but maybe Mendenhall
8 Oct. 26 San Diego Chargers LT
9 Nov. 2 Bye
10 Nov. 9 at Atlanta Falcons Michael Turner/Possibly McFadden
11 Nov. 16 at Kansas City Chiefs Larry Johnson
12 Nov. 24 (Mon.) Green Bay Packers Ryan Grant
13 Nov. 30 at Tampa Bay Buccaneers Cadilliac
14 Dec. 7 Atlanta Falcons Michael Turner/Possibly McFadden
15 Dec. 11 (Thurs.) at Chicago Bears no one good possibly Mendenhall
16 Dec. 21 at Detroit Lions no one good
17 Dec. 28 Carolina Panthers no one good

To all those people who think we should draft a corner...look at this....A strong run defense will be very important...we need some good DT's

agreed .. we wont play against the best QBs anyway, but in the playoffs we will need a consistent CB .. I dont know if we have it =/

Don't forget that linebackers are needed to stuff the run, and WLB is still a need.

It's not so much the RB it's the O-line and the type of scheme they run. I believe the Saints will struggle against the drive blocking teams like San Diego and Minnesota. Coincidentally I think we'll get gutted by LT and Peterson. Other than those two I'm not worried. Saints front seven will be able to contend with most of the teams on the schedule, lack of AFC North opponents will help.

How many backup QBs had career games against us last season? Our run defense was fine last year and it's not because teams only "needed" to run the ball 8x/game against us.

How many backup QBs had career games against us last season? Our run defense was fine last year and it's not because teams only "needed" to run the ball 8x/game against us.

That's because our unathletic LBs were cheating up to the line and our S were spying on the run all the time. That causes the run to look fine and pass to suffer. :rant:

Oh and that's because our front 7 couldn't get to any QBs! :covermyeyes:

That's because our unathletic LBs were cheating up to the line and our S were spying on the run all the time. That causes the run to look fine and pass to suffer. :rant:

Oh and that's because our front 7 couldn't get to any QBs! :covermyeyes:

well said.

And assuming Gary Gibbs is still our DC, it's likely they'll continue to cheat up, or at least be enabled to (thanks to a marked improvement at MLB and a lesser improvement wherever we stick Morgan). We have an injured starting CB and no fewer than four corners best suited for extended packages....!

I'm getting Vilma on my fantasy team this year... his tackle numbers will be through the roof. :D

we really need to get a DT they will open up the holes which will get our linebackers back there to get the QB... so if they are pressured they will either get sacked or make a throw under pressure which can make our CBs look good and then a DT would help stop the run in the middle also which would be great so i am hoping we can get a good DT!!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom